Chapter 23: In Which Can and Sanem's dreams come true

Their love had been a whirlwind, a tempest that swept them off their feet and into each other's arms. Sanem had never known such passion, such intensity. From the moment she met Can, she'd felt an undeniable connection, as if their souls were intertwined in some cosmic dance.

But life was never without its challenges. As the years passed, they faced trials that tested the very foundation of their love. They experienced moments of doubt and uncertainty, where the weight of their own insecurities threatened to tear them apart.

But true to their promise, they never brushed their issues under the carpet. They confronted them together, hand in hand, with unwavering determination. It was during those dark moments that their love shone brightest, like a guiding light in the midst of a storm.

They learned to communicate openly and honestly, sharing their fears and dreams with each other. Can became Sanem's rock, her safe haven in a world that seemed increasingly chaotic. And Sanem became Can's anchor, grounding him when he felt lost in the tumultuous sea of life.

As time went on, they grew individually and as a couple. They faced triumphs and failures, laughter and tears. And through it all, they held onto each other with a steadfastness that defied the odds

***

Two years later, and each day the light filtered through the gauzy curtains of Sanem and Can's bedroom with a little more promise, a touch more warmth. The walls, once echoing with the uncertainty of newlyweds, now hummed with an intimate knowledge of shared pillow whispers and laughter that danced in the air long after the jokes had been told.

"Can you believe it? Two whole years," Sanem murmured, tracing the intricate patterns on the quilt—a wedding gift from her mother Mevkibe—that adorned their bed.

"Every day with you feels both like an eternity and a fleeting moment," Can replied, his voice rich with contentment as he watched her from the doorway, leaning against the frame with arms crossed, a soft smile gracing his lips. "Happy anniversary, Baby."

Sanem turned to him, her eyes glimmering with the kind of joy that could only be ignited by love—and something else, something new and burgeoning within her. "Happy anniversary, darling."

Can and Sanem had decided to invite their loved ones to a lively barbecue in their home, to mark the occasion of their second anniversary. The backyard was adorned with colourful string lights that draped gracefully from tree to tree, casting a warm glow over the gathering. The air was filled with the tantalising scent of grilled kebabs and fresh vegetables, promising a feast that would delight both the senses and the soul.

Sanem's parents, Mevkibe and Nihat, arrived first, their faces beaming with pride and happiness. They embraced their daughter tightly, whispering congratulations in her ear before turning to greet Can with warm hugs. Emre and Leyla followed suit, exchanging knowing glances as they congratulated the couple on reaching this milestone. Akif and his wife Ara arrived with their two children in tow, their laughter filling the air as they joined the festivities.

Metin, Osman, Ayhan, Ceycey, Muzzo, and Deren were not far behind. The group of friends had grown inseparable over the years, supporting each other through thick and thin. Metin clutched a bottle of wine in his hand, ready to toast to Can and Sanem's love.

The afternoon sun draped its golden tendrils across the garden of Can and Sanem's home, where laughter mingled with the smoky scent of grilling meat. Sanem watched as Osman masterfully flipped a kebab, his butcher's hands deftly avoiding the flames that licked at the succulent cubes of lamb. Her mother, Mevkibe, stood beside him, her hands on her hips, offering tips and teasing critiques in equal measure.