Chapter 24: KOLONIA

(apologies this is late)

Chapter 24

[]Kolonia[]

The thick air that hung around us had smelled strongly of sweet floral perfume, filling my nostrils with the hearty scent.

I happily ordered my regular, the Qnolla burger off the menu, and Zero got pasta with Qnolla meatballs.

I hate to be the boring history teacher, but a Qnolla is an animal that our ancestors felt was sustainable, as there were vast sources in the wild and the animals held captive. They also don't take up much space. Qnollae does have a small habit of disintegrating things when irritated, so people not wearing special suits and not specially trained don't go near them. My mind slowly drifted to the sandy hills of Kolonia.

Zero snapped me out of my thoughts, quite literally, by snapping his fingers dangerously close to my face. I instinctively lurched back, adrenaline coursing through my veins at the hilariously small startle. I hissed air out through my teeth, then remembered we were in public.

"Sorry." He chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

I shot him a small glare, but politely accepted his apology by gently bobbing my head.

I took in my surroundings, a calming purple haze surrounding us, lavender-coloured pollen from the stunning plants drifting around. It felt eerily like another world, so starkly different from the warm-toned land outside.

A loud sound promptly yanked me out of paradise.

Zero had sneezed so loudly that his eyes were teared up. "Allergies" He sniffled, rubbing his nose before sneezing again.

I smirked, inkling my head towards him "You have allergies?"

He nodded, smiling as he brought his sleeve up to wipe his nose, then further up to push his wavy mop of dyed grey hair out of his face.

I rolled my eyes, of course, the cutest dudes had allergies. Gods-damned allergies.

"Do you have other" I stifled a smile. "Allergies?" I asked, eyebrows arched and head inclined

He shook his head innocently.

"Just pollen?" I tilted my head in incredulity.

He nodded, a bashful smile creeping onto his face. I felt a small smirk infect me too, a warm flush spreading up from my neck.

He gasped, making an embarrassingly large show of the simple gesture.

"What's wrong?" I Inclined my head, ever-so-slightly concerned.

"You. Have. DIMPLES!" He grinned, eyes trained near my mouth.

I stopped smiling. "Yeah, is that a problem?" I tipped my head away from him, my chin up.

"No! You're so lucky!" His onyx black eyes slid back up to mine wistfully.

A wave of heat crept up my neck, bringing the smallest smile back onto my face.

"Thanks." I muttered, my brows knitting in confusion. Why did having dimples matter?

Not too long after, the waiter came with our steaming hot food, gingerly setting both plated down on the table in front of us. Zero gave a chilling smile to the waiter, a silent thanks, and probably something in his eyes that read; Sorry about her.

"Dig in!" I smiled down at my steaming plate of food, not waiting for him.

-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-

Thanks for your guys continuous support!

(Super sorry for the inconsistent updates!)

Word count: 513 words

-Abigail & Udon

(UPDATED X)