Chapter 24: KOLONIA

(apologies this is late)

Chapter Twenty-Four:

[]Kolonia[]

The thick air that hung around us smelt strongly of floral perfume, filling my nostrils with the hearty scent.

I ordered the Qnolla burger off the menu and Zero ordered pasta with Qnolla meatballs.

I hate to be a boring history teacher, but a Qnolla is an animal that our ancestors felt was sustainable, as there are sources in the wild and held captive. They also don't take up much space. They do have a small habit of disintegrating things when irritated, so people not wearing special suits don't go near them. My mind drifted to the sandy rolling hills of Kolonia.

Zero snapped me out of my thoughts, quite literally, by snapping his fingers near my face. I instinctively jumped back, adrenaline coursing through my veins at this small startle. I hissed, then remembered we were in public.

"Sorry." He chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

I shot him a small glare, but politely accepted his apology.

I took in my surroundings, a calming purple haze surrounding us, pollen from the stunning plants drifting around. It was like another world.

A loud sound drug me out of paradise.

Zero had sneezed so loudly his eyes were teared up. "Allergies" He sniffled.

I smirked, "You have allergies?"

He nodded, smiling as he brought his sleeve up to wipe his nose.

I rolled my eyes, of course the hottest dudes have allergies.

"Do you have other allergies?" I asked

He shook his head innocently.

"Just pollen?"

He nodded a smile creeping onto his face. I felt that smile infect me too.

He gasped, making a show of it.

"What's wrong?!" I asked, concerned.

"You. Have. DIMPLES!" He grinned.

I stopped smiling, "Yeah, is that a problem?"

"No! You're so lucky!" He chirped wistfully.

A wave of heat crept up my neck, bringing the smallest smile back onto my face.

"Thanks" I muttered, why did having dimples matter?

Not long after, the waiter came with our food, gingerly setting it down on the table. Zero smiled at the waiter, a silent thanking.

"Dig in!" I said, not waiting for him.

-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-

Thanks for your guys continuous support!

Word count: 352 words

-Abigail & Udon