Chapter Ten: KOLONIA

Chapter ten:

[]KOLONIA[]

The obnoxiously fake flower scent coated us as we stepped past the door frame of Ms. Hansley's cramped office.

As we stepped inside her room, Ms. Hansley looked surprised to see us, smothering her nasty, greasy smirk. "She was with you girls all along?" She asked.

I knit my brows together, rubbing my forehead to ease the pressure. Not having the energy to bother with small talk, I cut straight to the chase. "Why was she in Cora's dorm?" I said, fighting the urge to grind my teeth at the obviously faked sweetness in Hansley's tone.

"She's a Spirit Cat, and a tricky one at that. It looks like she had a previous companion who didn't take very care of her. I'll get her to the Soul Vet soon." Ms Hansley forced a smile, seeming to barely suppress her smirk.

"Okay." Cora stopped, thinking for a second. "But please, please take good care of her," Cora whispered, wide hazel eyes tilted up at Hansley.

Cora looked at me with a pained smile on her face as she tore herself from the cat, setting the menace gently into Ms Hansley's arms. We started heading back to my room so nothing out of the blue like that encounter happened again.

"Aren't you super excited about getting our Spirit Cats in a few months?" I asked, shaking Cora by the shoulders.

"Yeah, I mean it sounds great... But we've had the possibility of bonding with them for so long now." She paused, sucking in a sharp breath with an expression on her face that made it look like she was dragging her lungs against shards of glass. "I just don't think we did the right thing with that little grey cat, and how could it be a Spirit Cat? Aren't they huge?" Cora whispered, clearly worried.

"Jeez, Cora. You should relax! I'm sure it's nothing." I affectionately ruffled Cora's hair.

Cora shot a pointed look at me, those glossy hazel eyes glaring up at me. I yawned and promptly decided that I was going to head to bed early tonight. I stretched my tanned arms above my head as I hald-walked-half-shuffled to my room and changed into my pyjamas and then grabbed my tablet and hopped into my small bed, so I was comfortable enough to read my favourite ebook.

I swiped on the decently smooth, worn down, and slightly marred screen, gently holding the vintage tablet my parents gave to me a long time ago.

The memories are all that's stopping me from throwing this thing away.

I was scrolling and I found something interesting: A news report from the year K.I 457.

I quite briefly skimmed it, and only one sentence caught my attention;

Let your flame burn bright.

This is an old saying from many many many years ago.

It was over two hundred years ago when the war with Kolonia and Canis Alatus had begun. I started reading it, and it seemed interesting and a little odd. I decided I would tell someone, most likely Cora, but first I needed my beauty sleep.

-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\\-\-\-\-\-\-\-

Word count: 523 words

This chapter was written and edited by Udon and Abigail

(UPDATED X)

Have a good day!