Chapter Twelve: KOLONIA

Chapter twelve:

[]Kolonia[]:

The stuffy air swirled in my lungs as I rushed to Cora and told her most of the situation, keeping some select parts from her. She drew in a breath and said I should probably drop it, or I would get in trouble. However, I didn't listen and went and told Ms. Hansley. I strode in and told her what happened. After a long while of thinking, Ms. Hansley said that I really should listen to Cora more and that I shouldn't be rifling through the past.

Told me I got detention because I shouldn't have been looking, past hours anyway, which I thought was stupid.

Should I follow my head?

Or my heart.

This is the question that's been following me around.

I would show them that I'm right, that there is something wrong with our age-old system.

But for now, I had to shove those feelings down. I was a volcano, ready to erupt, knowing there was an expansive ocean nearby that would just shut me down. Stifle my outburst. And I could die in the process.

I just headed to detention because I wanted it over with, and didn't want to get in much more serious trouble.

The desks were tight, and I had to shift my chair backwards, to make it slightly more comfortable.

Funny, how such a rich and high-up on the food chain school didn't have perfect desks.

Then again, nothing is 'perfect'.

No one was perfect.

But I knew there was something more than a little off about Mrs. Hansley.

I stared down at the sheet sitting on my desk. The questions teased me. 'Do you regret what you did?' is what question number one said. But it felt more like. 'Why did you screw up? Why do you screw everything up?'

I slammed my head down onto the desk, regretting it soon after.

My head throbbed.

I thought out a plan for getting myself through the long, gruelling hours of detention.

My brain didn't want to work.

I hastily wrote some slightly random and quite untrue things on the paper.

After a while, I was dismissed.

I headed back to my dorm, a bit tired.

I slipped out of my itchy uniform and into my slightly less itchy pyjamas.

I started to drift off, an unfamiliar and particular tantalising dream meandering its way to my head.

\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-

Word count: 397 words

APOLOGIES FOR HOW SHORT IT IS (lol short like Cora :D)

(UPDATED X)