prologue

song recommended for this chapter: friends by chase atlantic <3

pulling over in your best friend's parking spot, you got out of your car, he wasn't home yet, and you were going to take advantage of that fact by raiding his perfectly organised pantry.

why? well, cause you're hungry and his friend, best friend is what you called it as you were delusional but that doesn't strip away from the fact that you have been friends with the 29 year old global popstar for the past 10 years. you had known him since he was 19 and you were 17 respectively.

how? well the main events are nothing but a blur but you guys had mutuals. you visited seoul for your holidays as your cousin studied there, you guys were invited to a house warming party but nothing exactly about the place could be considered a party, it was as dull as it gets.

but there he was, in all his glory, sitting in a corner because mingyu had somehow convinced him to tag along as it was his sister's best friend's party. it didn't make sense to him but he also didn't have anything to do on that particular day so he tagged along.

that's where he saw you, in a soft fuzzy lilac sweater with faded blue baggy jeans, clinging to your cousin like your life depended on it and technically it did, she spoke korean and you didn't. you didn't want to come anyways but looking back at it now, you were glad you did. you didn't exactly know jungkook, but he was the only un-drunk one that spoke some english, and you were a tad bit tipsy, you approached him, and with a slurred speech, you proceeded to embarrass yourself, "why aren't you talking with anyone? were you practically dragged here too? same pinch then" and you pulled on his cheek, gasping a little for dramatic effect, "you're so soft, like a bunny" a drunken giggle escaped your lips, bewilderment in his bambi eyes.

"uhh.." he trailed off, clearly dumbfounded by your dumbassery which now he finds endearing, "i guess you could say that" he spoke softly, which was enough to pull you out of your drunken reverie, "o-oh, you understand me?" "yeah, isn't it clear that i do?" he gave you an unamused face, mildly offended which went completely unnoticed by you, "where have you been? i've been looking for someone to talk to this entire time and you hid yourself? not cool" you sulked as you plopped on the chair next to him, yeah, he didn't like that much but it was better than being alone.

"so, what's your name bunny boy?" "excuse me?" "what? if i remember my name after drinking that strong ass concoction which was at least 70% vodka, then you should remember yours too, you don't even have a drink in your hands and you've been hogging this corner since the moment you walked in" you huffed, looking at him expectantly, he was, frazzled you could say. you didn't know his name, strange, but that didn't strike him as much as you noticing him did, he was dolled up in black, head to toe so how the fuck did anyone spot him in his dark little corner? mingyu had dragged him here but there was no criteria to approach people and socialise. he decided to be a wallflower but you had crushed that plan to a pulp, he was no longer alone in the dark, he had a very annoying female clinging to him but he for some reason didn't mind it much.

he was pulled out of his thoughts as a very exaggerated sigh left your mouth, "fine mr. mysterious, i'll go first, i'm y/n, i see no need to tell you my last name so imma skip that, but your turn now, oh and i'm 17." you looked at him and he noticed, you didn't break eye contact, he was told his aura turned people away but you were proving against that statement.

"jungkook." you motioned with your hands for him to go on which made him roll his eyes, "19" "hi, i'm ryan, 19 and i never learnt how to read, or however that saying goes" he fixated his blank stare on you, "you babble a lot you know that y/n?" "oh you remember my name? kewl" "do you take me for a fucking goldfish that i'll forget what you borderline yelled in my ear?" "what's with the goldfish slander people? like those little blobs or gold can remember shit for three months, apparently" the last word was below a whisper which made him lean into you to hear you properly, your scent invading his senses, it wasn't anything bold that would give him a headache, but rather sweet and mellow, and he would later come to know that you made your own perfumes, another thing he finds absolutely adorable about you.

"you're seriously defending a goldfish?" and you nodded with determination, "see bud, i love animals, so i cannot stand people being pricks when it comes to animals." "that's probably because only animals can stand you" he muttered in korean, "por favor, en inglés" he blinked, his gorgeous face twisted in confusion, why did you remind him so much of taehyung? he wouldn't be surprised if you were an alien believer so he went ahead and asked that, "do you believe in aliens?" "who doesn't koo?" ignoring the fact that you called him koo, a stranger calling him by his nickname, a stranger that didn't know he's an idol, he proceeded to retort, "sane people don't" "and who's sane in today's world?" you grinned. "touché" he hoped you would stop pestering him now, but whoever was up there did not give a fuck about his wishes, that was clear to him

"yo, kook, kook, kook, kook, koo-" "what?!" his patience only stretched so far "i wouldn't have to call you repeatedly if you just looked over in the first time" you pouted "god you're annoying" "and i take pride in that" "pride in believing in extraterrestrial?" "do you really believe that we're truly alone in this universe? somehow that thought is even more unnerving. and what is up with you?" "what is up with me?" did he sound defensive? you were too tipsy (drunk) to tell, "are you like in your teenage dirtbag phase or something?" "and are you in your interviewer phase or something because you talk a lot" suddenly his eyes narrowed, and before you could speak, he beat you to it, "the fuck? did you just say you're 17? then why the fuck are you drinking?" "well i mentioned my age like 15 minutes ago, mr. short attention span that makes me think my attention span is better, but to answer your question, i'm only a couple months away from turning 18 and it doesn't really matter"

"drunkard" "that is so rude of you" "what? you understood me or something?" "no, that's the rude part, i don't understand you" he picked up his phone, his last resort to avoid you because he wasn't gonna move and he had a feeling you won't either, you picked up yours too, your hair cascading down the sides of your face, making him oblivious as to where your eyes were, suddenly, a text popped up on jungkook's phone

unknown: hi neighbour, kinda rude you're using your phone as we're having a deep and meaningful conversation but whatever, this is way better anyways ;)

he looked at you in disbelief, your hair still concealing your face, he tossed your hair over your other shoulder haphazardly, his fingertips barely grazing your face, making goosebumps erupt on your soft skin. "how the fuck did you get my number you sasaeng" "again, what's with the korean dude? and to answer your question, it's pretty dumb of you to have your number saved as your home screen" "what?" he looked back at his phone, and his number was there, but it was there for convenience purposes, like not having to tell someone his number and showing them his screen, not for a creep to look into his phone and get his number, he immediately changed his home screen to a random scenery picture. "i'm blocking you, creep" "suit yourself, i'm leaving anyways, it was nice spending time with you jungkook." you gave him a soft smile as you got up and walked over to your cousin standing at the front door, before you walked out of the house, you looked back at him only to see him already looking at you, you waved him goodbye before vanishing into the night, leaving jungkook swirling with questions

the elevator dinged as you reached jungkook's floor, memories of your first meeting dissipating as you stepped out, opening the door to his luxury apartment and stepping in.