CHAPTER 11

A WAY OUT?

[A/N
I don't actually know what's wrong with me but I seem to get confuse between 'Evan' and 'Ivan'. I'd write the main character's name as 'Ivan' in one sentence and 'Evan' in the very next line. I can't help it. I apologize if it causes any confusion or discomfort to anyone. Just know that I'd be using these two randomly so don't hate on me.]

________________

"May I help you?"

"I need to meet Ivan Nash."

"You mean the CEO of the company?"

"How many Ivan Nash are working here?"

"Do you have an appointment?" The receptionist said, with an irritated look.

"No. Just call him and tell him that I'm here to meet him."

"And who do you think you are?"

"Huh?"

His soon to be 'forced wife', she wanted to say but she couldn't for the mere idea of it made her blood to boil.

"Listen, it's really important. Please tell him that Zara Williams is here." she pleaded.

"I'm sorry but we can't let any random stranger come up and make us call him. You can leave now." the receptionist said with a hint of arrogance in her voice.

Zara let out a deep sigh to control the anger which was slowly building up inside her. One more act and it would be turned into a storm she was afraid of.

"You either let me meet him or I'd create a scene here." She said rather calmly.

"Woah! You either leave on your own or I'd call the gaurds." the receptionist replied with a smirk.

Zara was about to answer when a voice stopped her.

"Zara?"

She heard a male voice coming from behind and turned around to look.

"D-Dairy?"

"It's Darren, Darren Aster. Not Diary. Well, Danny for you." He chuckled.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm not good at remembering names." She laughed it off.

"Well, you aren't good at remembering many other things." He smirked.

"Huh, what does that mean?" She asked crossing her arms across her chest.

"Nevermind. Anyways, what are you doing here?" He asked with concern.

"She ordered me to call Evan Sir." The receptionist replied from behind her.

Zara gave her a look before saying, "I wanted to meet him. It's urgent and I wasn't ordering, I was just-"

"Ok, that's fine. You CAN order people here." Darren smirked.

"Huh?"

"So, let's go meet him-" He paused in his track and turned his torso to face the receptionist, "I hope you remember that you must not answer the question which isn't directed to you." Saying that he left for Ivan's office leading Zara.

__________________

"Danny, for once, knock on the door before entering. It's MY office after all." Evan said with irritation,  rummaging through the drawer, without looking up at him.

"Look up and you'd stop complaining." Darren said as he led Zara inside the office.

"Danny I-" He looked up to find Danny smirking behind the girl he least expected to be there in his office, "Zara?"