CHAPTER 5

STUCK ALONE?

"Woah! The man's really rich." Exclaimed Zara as she stood before the 35 storey building with a magnificent 'The Nash Industries' sign.

Zara, you're just as rich.

After convincing her father that she'll return to her apartment directly after giving him his package, she reached The Nash Industries with her driver who went away after dropping her off at the place. It was already 11 PM by then and she was feeling extremely sleepy as her hangover from a night before was still having its affect on her. But heck, to sleep peacefully and comfortably, she had to go to her apartment and for that, she first had to return the package to its true owner, Evan.

"Excuse Me! I'm here to see Mr. Evan Nash." She asked the receptionist, who gave her a weird look, looking at her from top to bottom, probably the look was for her appearance.

Her appearance. Wearing a pair of black leggings with a T shirt layered with an oversized shirt, was never supposed to be something you'd wear to meet the owner of the biggest industry. She was supposed to look presentable at a business office. No? But she's Zara, the one who was supposed to fall asleep peacefully after completing her task.

"Miss, do you have an appointment?" The receptionist asked.

"Umm, No." Zara shrugged.

"Well, in that case, you can't meet him."

"Oh! That's even better. For I'm definitely not here to meet him."

The receptionist gave her a side-eye look while she typed something on her computer.

"So, how may I help you?" The receptionist asked.

"Oh, I was supposed to deliver these important documents and since I don't have an appointment and I don't even want to meet him, I hand these documents over to you. Please, give them to him." Zara replied in one go.

"So you are the one? Wait-"

The receptionist called someone while Zara looked around at the interior of the building. With the polished wood work, and high end glass windows, it felt as if she was at a 5 Star luxury Hotel.

"Floor No. 30."

"What?"

"Mam, Sir had instructed us to inform him about the arrival of 'The girl with a package' and since you're here, I've informed him and now you have to go to the 30th floor and meet him in his office. There you can give him his documents."  The receptionist
said.

The girl with a package.

"Wait-I'm not here to meet hi-"

"Mam, please go. Sir doesn't like to wait."

Sensing no other option available, Zara moved towards the lift after asking for the directions. She pressed the button to reach the 30th floor, still questioning her decision to obey her father.

"Argh! How embarrassing it would be to meet him after my act at the night club! God! Why me?" She thought.

The 30th floor of the building was quite different from the others. With a large meeting hall, a 2nd research lab and several vacant rooms, the floor was rather quiet. Along with all these rooms for higher officials, in all it's glory, was there a large room, with a signboard claiming each and every part of it, its territory.