Chapter 18

~Sunday, 19/02/23 - 4:13 am

Julianna's POV

I woke up to a quiet knock on my mini room door.

"Jules, it's me." A voice who I identified as Sawyer whispered.

"What do you want Sawyer?!" I asked him annoyed.

"Can I come in?"

"Whatever. This better be fvcking important."

He walked into my room and walked to my mini fridge and grabbed out a juice box.

"Let me guess, I'm low?" I asked.

"Yep." He said passing me the juice box.

He then walked towards the my bedside table and turned on the lamp.

"What's the time you b1tch?" I asked annoyed.

"4:15."

"IN THE MORNING?!" I yelled quietly.

"Yeah, sorry I woke you up."

"At least it was important."

"Wanna go for a run?" Sawyer asked, once I finished drinking the juice box.

"Sure, just give me 10 minutes to get ready." 

"I'll just come back at 4:30."

"Ok."

He left my room and I went to change and do my hair. He returned at exactly 4:30.

"Ready?" He asked as he closed my door.

"Yep."

He picked up my roll of tape from a cupboard labelled health and threw it to me.

"I'm assuming you haven't done it yet?" He asked grabbing scissors from the cupboard.

"How'd you know?" I asked curiously.

"Just the fact that you're not wearing any shoes or socks and I can see."

"Smart." I said as I started taping my ankle.

"Knee brace?" He asked.

"Nah, it makes it harder to run." I told him as I threw the roll of tape back to him.

"Ok, let's go."

We exited my room and walked off towards the oval. When we could see the oval we see 2 people walking around the track. When we walked onto the oval we stood on the track around the grass I could make out 2 girls. It was still quite dark but the sun was starting to rise, the lights on the edge of the oval were turned on but we still couldn't make out who the girls were.

"Is that Madeline and Georgia?" Sawyer asked.

"I really hope not."

"Let's just start running and we'll see."

We started off by walking around the track and doing a couple of stretches. While we were halfway through our walk I could hear the 2 girls running past and whispering. It was definitely Georgia and Madeline.

They started walking next to us and I looked at Sawyer confused. Then they started walking behind us in silence. Then I heard some whispering and then Madeline started walking in front of us. Before I could even process what was happening I felt hands on my back and I got pushed forward and as I was stumbling to not fall down Madeline stuck her foot out. As I was falling Georgia stood on my right foot and I twisted weirdly and then Madeline started running away while Georgia grabbed something at my neck and pulled it off and threw it to Madeline and sprinted back to their tower.