Chapter 46

Harmony's POV:

I can never forgive myself.

I am ultimately conflicted. I wish Jade had shot me, and not Rocky, that I can say with no hesitation. But another part of me thanks him; It was my job to protect the growing human being in my body, and if anything would to happen, I don't know what I would do.

Sitting there with Ross made me realize how I haven't been taking this seriously, and how I want my baby to have parents that don't fight over him. And in a perfect world I knew that we could all get along, but the thought in the back of my head was what if we couldn't? What if Ross and Rocky fight over this? I didn't know what to think, all I knew was that I was lucky to be alive, and I owed Rocky everything.

As his eyes fluttered, I felt a sense of relief and a feeling that I can't eve describe.

"Mhhhh?" He mumbled, moving his left hand, realizing that I had hooked my hand in his.

"Babe." I said, holding his hand against my chest.

"BABE?!" I heard Ross behind me. I turned around and shot him a dirty look before turning back to Rocky.

"How are you feeling?" I asked him.

"I think the better question is how are you?" He placed a hand on my stomach and smiled.

"I'm okay, how are you?"

"I'm good now."

I ignored the door slamming behind me, and the loss of a presence in the room. How could Ross be mad at me thanking the man who saved me and my baby's LIFE?! Is he really that jealous.

I mean... but Rocky does look really cute... WAIT- SHUT UP.

"It seems that Ross is a little upset."

"You know what? I don't care. You saved my life... our lives." I took his hand and laced it on my big bump. "You're a hero, you know that right?"

"No I'm not. Your the hero." He smiled, "For putting up with the shit from Ross and I. You know that I would never hurt you, right?" He rubbed his thumb across my cheekbones.

"I know." I smiled, gladly standing up and walking towards the door as Riker walked in.

_____________________________

Riker's POV:

"I know." Harmony's voice echoed through the door. I figured now would be the time to enter. With my palms sweating and heart racing, I entered.

Harmony was across the room, her breathing rapid. I choose to ignore her and focus on my brother, who was laying in a hospital bed with gauze around his chest.

"Riker!" His bright smile made my heart warm.

"Hey man, how are you feeling?" I smiled, going over and dropping the brown paper bag on the floor, and doing our handshake. "I brought you some stuff."

"Oh yeah? Amuse me." He said with a hint of seriousness in his voice.

"I should go." Harmony said, grabbing her keys from the table next to my brother. He grabbed her wrist and said in a soft voice,

"Please stay."

"Don't you want alone time with Riker? I'll be back I just have-"

"Have what?"

She sighed, "I have a doctors appointment. Dr. Barlow called me, there might be a problem."

"A problem? What kind?" I watched his face turn pale. Damn... he really did love her... and this baby.

"I don't know. That's what I'm going to find out."

His eyes fell to the floor, "Riker, can I please have a moment with Harm?"

"Of course." I smiled, standing up and walking out.

"What is wrong with our baby?" I heard his voice crack through the door. Paper thin walls.

"I don't know.... she said a possibility of Mental Illness Something about examining the DNA she had swabbed last visit. There's no way to know for sure, until it's born, I'm just going to make sure it's not life threatening."

"Take me with you..." I heard shuffling and something slam against the ground.

"RIKER!!!!" Harmony screamed.

As I ran back into the room, Rocky was on the floor.

________________________________________

Jade's POV:

"Hey, wanna have butt sex?"

"Get away, you barbarian. Go have sex with your gay lover."

With a huff, the big beard man who oddly smelt of cheddar cheese evacuated my personal space, probably because he knew that I wasn't going to give him a prison bitch.

Yeah, that's right, I'm locked up.

And It's not fair.

All I am is a caring mother, nothing more, and making unjust claims about how "I meant to kill somebody" Is unlawful, and untruthful. All I want is my baby back and this hole in my heart filled up with love and compassion from my baby girl.

So, journal, I may not be writing in you for a while. See, my lawyer advised me so. And maybe It's not such a good idea to relive the memories of being young, pregnant, and in love with somebody. My heart aches thinking about it....

So yeah... I guess this is it... Farewell.

__________________

What is wrong with the baby?!

Does Jade deserve the fate she has gotten?

Comment below anything! (except hate, hate will not be liked).

~Nicole xx