Day 22: Unexpected Help

Noelle was finishing up Christmas decorations in her house when she got a knock at her door. "Who could that be?" She thought to herself. She opened her front door and it was Kris. They were holding Christmas lights. "Kris did you get tangled up in my Christmas lights again! How do you even do that, they're high up in the trees!" Noelle went outside and started walking towards her trees until Kris tapped her shoulder. "What?" Kris pointed to their house. "You mean those are your lights?" Kris nodded yes. "Oh. Why did you knock on my door then?" Kris held up the lights to her. "You want to give me your lights? Wait no! You want to.. help me decorate!" Kris nodded in agreement. "That's sweet of you Kris. Go put away your lights and you can help me." Kris motioned for Noelle to take the lights. "Kris I have enough lights you don't need to use yours." Kris walked back to their house and put the lights away. They walked back and Noelle was putting up candy cane decorations on her front lawn. "Kris can you help put these on my front lawn? I'm gonna hang the rest of my lights on the trees. I got a little distracted on the interior." Kris grabbed the candy canes and started to put them in front of the lawn.

The two were now inside of the house. The inside had a couple of wreathes, Christmas stickers on the walls and hanging lights. They were in the dining room. "So Kris? Why did you want to help me decorate my house? Do you enjoy Christmas as much as I do?" Kris stopped putting big snowflake stickers on the walls and pointed at Noelle. "Your doing this for me? But why?" Kris quickly got back to putting the stickers on the wall. Noelle thought it was odd that Kris didn't answer and quickly went back to putting on the stickers. Kris always answered Noelle's questions, even when it was uncomfortable for them. Kris trusted Noelle a lot and never hid anything from her. Except for not being in control of their SOUL and Dark Worlds existing that one time. Even then, they told her after the whole ordeal. "It's not a big deal. They were probably too embarrassed because they know I needed help." She thought. Noelle got back to decorating the dining table. Still, in the back of her mind she was trying to figure out why Kris is helping her. The two decided to take a break. Noelle got some mint cookies and headed to the living room where Kris was already sitting down. They had the remote and was on a streaming service. "You wanna watch a Christmas movie?" She sheepishly smiled as she gave them a cookie. They took the cookie and started typing in a movie. Noelle's joy slowly faded as she read the title of the movie. "A horror.. movie. I thought you'd at least put something more.. lighthearted." Kris started the movie and got comfortable. They looked at Noelle. "What? I'm fine watching it. Just a little surprised on the movie choice is all." Kris grinned and rested their head on their arm. "Oh I get it! You think I'm too scared to watch this don't you!" They nodded smugly. "Watch me! I won't get scared at all!" Noelle confidently took a bite out of a mint cookie.

Noelle was holding Kris close to her while looking away at the screen. "I know what you're thinking Kris and no! I'm not scared! I'm just cold! And your sweater is warm!" She was shivering in fear. She peeked at the screen and immediately looked away again. Kris was just silently laughing while enjoying the movie. "This is your favorite movie!? Jeez Kris at least watch it with me during Halloween!" She continued being scared until something happened. Kris jumped up, bringing Noelle with them. Kris and Noelle hit the ground. "Heh. Guess the movie scared you." She stood up and offered a hand. Kris took it at the two got close. Still holding hands they stood for a bit. The two then parted quickly. Neither of them looked at each other. Both of them were blushing. "Never thought I'd.." Noelle's thought trailed off. "Hey we gotta get the decorations done!" Kris looked at her slightly red still, trying to look nonchalantly. "I know we're almost done and we have plenty of time but still! Better early so we can have more time to relax." Kris went to the dedicated Christmas decorations storage room and brought out a box. "Is this the last one?" Kris shook their head yes. Noelle picked up the box and lost her grip. The box fell and all of the contents spilled out. "Am I glad none of those were glass."

After 2 hours, the whole house was finally decorated. The two were standing at the living room doorway. "Thanks for helping me Kris! I'll be sure to help you decorate your house tomorrow." Kris was about to say something but they noticed something above them. They froze in shock. Noelle got curious and looked up. She saw a mistletoe. "Oh it's a mistletoe. I only had one this year so I decided to-" it finally clicked. "O-oh! Heh.. you.." Kris looked at her nervously and let her know they were ok with it. "Your really fine with.. I'm.." she was blushing now. Kris just stared blushing back. Since Noelle couldn't finish her sentence she decided to complete it by actions. She kissed Kris. Kris kissed back. When they separated Kris stepped back and were trying to recompose themselves. Noelle was doing the same. The tow were standing there processing what was basically a confession to one another "S-see you tomorrow." Noelle said with joy that could be heard in her voice. Kris looked, smiled and started to walk slowly out of her house before waving bye at her nervously. After Kris left, Noelle squealed in joy as she stood there thinking about the kiss still.
_____________________________

The End

12/22/23