Day 8: The Sleepover

Kris and Susie are walking to Noelle's house for a sleepover. "Cmon Kris you know Noelle's mom probably hates me!" Kris was holding Susie's hand to go make sure she doesn't try back out of it. They also felt like holding her hand. "I don't want their to be an argument at her house about if I can stay. Look I know she's fine with you dating Noelle because you've known Noelle forever and your a good kid but me. I'm surprised she didn't kick me out of town already." Kris didn't believe that Noelle's mom hated Susie. Noelle and Kris have been telling Susie that Noelle's mom is fine with her dating them. Susie's been pushing off this sleepover because she's scared that they're wrong. They made it to the gate where Kris gave Susie their stuff to unlocked it with their key. They walked into the front entrance and stopped at the door where Susie gave Kris back their stuff. "You got some stuff for me to? I didn't really have anything to bring." Kris nodded. "Good, cause I was taking your stuff if you didn't." Kris rang the doorbell. "I'll get it!" Noelle shouted from upstairs. The front door opened but it wasn't Noelle. It was her mom. Susie quickly looked down and straightened her back. "Susie where's your stuff?" Mrs. Holiday said in a cold tone. "Im holding it for her with mine." Kris answered for Susie. "That's nice of you Kris. You've really matured." Mrs. Holiday spoke in an unchanged tone. "I got to go to a meeting so I'll see both of you tomorrow morning." Kris and Susie made way for her and she walked confidently out of the door. Noelle was now at the door. "I guess my mom got the door. Heh." Noelle could tell Susie was scared. Something she thought she'd never see. "My mom may be intimidating but she's nice. Come on in we got many things to do."

Kris, Noelle, and Susie were all playing a game on the TV. Kris' things were out in Noelle's room as Noelle decided to provide them with everything. The game recently got added to the gamestation 5 so they all decided to play it. "Yes! I win again! You two suck at this game." Susie was celebrating another victory. Kris just stood up and went to the kitchen. "Guess their getting a snack now." Noelle always knew what Kris' actions meant. She's dated them long enough to perfectly interpret what they mean in even the smallest of motions. "I'm gonna get a snack to. What do you have in your kitchen?" "I got mint chocolate chip cupcakes in the fridge." Susie went to the kitchen to get some. Noelle started setting up the living room for the two before they came back. In the kitchen Susie saw Kris opening many cabinets and climbing up to open more. Susie got amused by this. "What the hell are you doing?" Kris only muttered one word like a goblin "Chocolate." Susie snickered and walked to the fridge and looked around. "There's such much food here. I want to eat it all." Susie was tempted but something told her that Noelle's mom wouldn't be too happy coming back to see an empty fridge. Susie grabbed the mint chocolate chip cupcakes and a plate of ham. Kris found the chocolate and climbed off of the cabinet. The two walked back to see the living room looked a lot more cozier. Noelle walked into view with her candy cane pajamas on. "What's all this for Candy Cane?" Kris said. Noelle blushed a little. "Well Krismas, Susiezilla, I thought that we should all watch some movies together. "This early." Susie was not aware of how late she sleeps. "What do you mean? It's late." Noelle questioned Susie's odd comment. Susie walked towards the couch and sat down next to Noelle. Kris went to Noelle's room to change to their pajamas. "You're not gonna wear your pajamas?" Noelle asked. "I don't have any. I just told Kris to pack some snacks and a sleeping bag for me." Susie began eating. Noelle got up. "I have pajamas for you." Susie laughed. "Your pajamas are clearly not going to fit on me. Unless you liked ripped ones." "No my mom made some for you when I told her you were staying." Susie was surprised. "Your mom? Made pajamas? For me?" Kris came back in plain green pajamas and sat down next to Susie. "I told you Susie my mom may look scary but she's nice." Noelle walked over to another room to grab the pajamas. Susie turned to Kris. "Kris. Noelle's saying her mom got me pajamas! I thought she hated me?! Why would she get me pajamas? Can you believe it?" Kris nodded with a mouth full of chocolate. Susie just brushed off the response and finished eating. Noelle came back with a pair of pajamas and Susie went to try them on. When Susie came back she had them on. "How did you know my tail size?" Noelle chuckled nervously. "Lucky guess?" Susie chose to ignore it this time and she sat on the couch. The three started to a Christmas movie, then they watched a horror movie before Noelle got too scared. A more light hearted film was switched on and the three fell asleep.

Susie woke up. It was the middle of the night and the TV was off. Kris and Noelle were asleep. Kris was leaning on Noelle and Noelle was leaning on Susie. Susie saw a shadow watching them before disappearing around a corner. That freaked Susie out so she moved Noelle to lean on Kris and went after it. When she got their the lights turned on. It was Noelle's study room. There were bookshelves and a fire place that hadn't been working for a while. Noelle's mom walked over to a chair and sat down. "H-hey." Susie was a bit scared. "Crap. She definitely saw us sleeping on the couch together. She's fine with Kris but what about me!" Mrs. Holiday spoke in her cold voice. "Can't sleep?" "No mam." "You really should. You're not gonna like waking up in the morning if you stay up. You'll gain a caffeine addiction like me if you keep staying up." Susie didn't know how to respond. "I can go.. if you want." "Only if you want to. It seems like you want to ask me a question first." Mrs. Holiday got good at reading people, it is her job to as the mayor. It saved her from making bad deals in the past. "I do have a question." Susie was standing uncomfortably. "Come sit. It'll make you feel better. Susie sat down in the chair across. "Why did you get me pajamas?" Mrs. Holiday took a few seconds to respond. "I know you don't have the best situation right now. When Noelle asked me to make you pajamas I did. Glad they fit. I know you told Noelle how the pajamas need to be made but you always need to double check things like theses." Susie never told Noelle her size for clothing, or how to make the tail part of the clothes. She went along with it to save Noelle from an awkward conversation. "I know your the 'bad student' the 'rebel who doesn't follow rules' but I see something in you Susie." Susie perked up. "What do you see?" Mrs. Holiday got up. "I see a girl who isn't afraid to speak her mind. I see someone who is perfect for Kris and my daughter. Noelle is smart but lacks confidence, Kris has courage but doesn't speak up much. You have those. I see you as the one who takes action. Me and Toriel like that. Susie you make a great partner for both of them." Susie blushed a little. "T-thanks. I thought you'd hate me for being those things." Mrs. Holiday laughed. "You why would I? I was just like you growing up. Look how I am now." Susie couldn't believe it. The mayor of the town was once a bad girl like Susie. "You mean I can become a kickass mayor in the future like you!?" Mrs. Holiday responded with the same energy back. "Hell yeah! It's the boldness to not do what anyone tells you that'll get you ahead in life Susie. Now go back to sleep. I'm going for make breakfast tomorrow and you don't want to miss it." "Yes ma- alright." Susie walked back to the couch feeling better. "At least I don't have to worry about Noelle's mom hating the relationship. Susie sat on the couch then leaned on Noelle before falling asleep.
_____________________________

The End

12/8/23