Day 15: The Unexpected Present

"Cmon Noelle! You got this!" Noelle was hyping her self up in her room. "Just walk up to Susie, give her the gift, and run away before you see her reaction." She paced around her room. "You did this before, so you can do it again." Noelle grabbed her present and walked to school. She was walking to class when Berdly ran up to her. "Hey Noelle!" "Hi Berdly!" He noticed the present. "Who's that present for?" "It's.. for Kris. Today's their birthday!" Berdly questioned it for a bit. "I didn't realize it was today?" Noelle was relieved he believed her.

Noelle was now in class. She put the present in her locker. Berdly sat in his chair slightly embarrassed. He turned to Noelle. "Today's not their birthday." "Ohh, we'll I guess I'll save that gift for next year." Noelle said awkwardly. Susie then entered the classroom. Susie caught Noelle's eye immediately. Noelle started to stare at Susie. She couldn't take her eyes off of her. Susie sat in her desk and started to talk to Kris. Kris turned to look at Susie then stopped. They suddenly turned to Noelle. Noelle turned back once she noticed and blushed a bit. "Guess I was staring for too long." She thought while looking at her desk. She then looked to see if Berdly also noticed. He was busy formatting his notebook for the lesson he helped Alphys plan. Noelle wanted to look back at Susie but didn't want to risk being noticed again. She turned in a way where she wasn't being obvious. She could only see Susie in the corner of her eye. She was talking to Kris and no one noticed Noelle. She looked back at her desk and blushed. She couldn't wait to give Susie the gift she made. Noelle's gift is a custom made necklace that has Susie's axe on it and a love note. Noelle hoped that once she goes Susie would read it and the next day Susie would pick her up and they'd be a couple. Class went as usual and was mostly a blur for Noelle. If it wasn't for the fact she took notes, she wouldn't be able to recall a single thing that was taught that day.

Class ended and Noelle went to her locker immediately to get the gift. She grabbed it and went to look for Susie. But she couldn't find her. "I guess her and Kris are outside the school already. I did use the incorrect combination lock three times." She looked outside the school and saw the class going home. She couldn't spot Kris or Susie. Noelle started to panic. "Noo! I don't know where Susie or Kris hang out after school! I should look around town! They are definitely here somewhere!" Noelle started to not so subtlety look for Kris and Susie. She went to the convenience store, to Kris' house and even QC's even though Catti doesn't let Susie in. She looked at the forest area for a bit. She considered looking in there. "It would make sense for them to be there." Noelle then got a bad memory about that place. "Maybe I should go check later." She quickly went away from the forest. Noelle went back to the school in defeat. She looked at the closet at the end of the hallway. "Maybe she's in there eating any left over chalk." Noelle joked to herself. She went back to her locker to put the gift in. "Guess I'll have to do it tomorrow." She heard the closet open. "Man, I didn't realize there was moss in there! And you tried to hide from me!" Noelle was caught off guard. "I-I was close with my guess?" She couldn't believe her joking guess was the right one. Noelle didn't want to get spotted so she hid in an empty locker. Susie and Kris walked out of the school. Noelle quickly got out and followed them. The three walked all the way to the dock. Kris sat down and looked at the water. Susie joined them. "They eat moss and look at the water after school? Why am I questioning this, Kris does weirder stuff all the time!" She said that aloud by accident. Kris turned and saw Noelle. Noelle jumped a little. "O-oops." She thought. This time Susie looked to see what Kris was looking at. She saw Noelle. "Hey Noelle! Care to join us?"

Noelle's heart started to thump. "U-um.. I-" Susie noticed the present. "Who's that for? Christmas isn't here yet." Noelle started panicking. She mustered up some courage. "I-it's for you!" She yelled looking away. Kris figured out what was going on and started to leave the area. Noelle stopped Kris for a second. "T-thanks. You always know when I want to have a private conversation." She smiled softly. Kris reassured her, and hyped her up for the confession to Susie. They left the area. Noelle struggled to walk towards Susie. Her heart was beating, she was thinking so many things. She finally sat down next to Susie. "H-here." She said not looking at Susie. Susie took the gift. This was the part where Noelle would leave and push off the response for tomorrow. Something prevented her from leaving. She just froze in fear and looked at the water. Susie couldn't believe the gift. She read the note. Noelle started to panic harder. "She's reading the note! It's over for me! Just push me into the water now!" She thought internally. Susie put on the necklace. "You.. made this for me?" She held it in her hand. "Yes." She said in a cracking voice. "I love it." That got Noelle to snap out of her thoughts. "Y-you.. love it?" "Hell yeah! This is awesome!" Noelle smiled softly. "Glad you l-like it." "As for the note.." Noelle wanted to leave but she forced herself to stay. Susie smiled. "Me too." Susie grabbed Noelle's hand. Noelle blushed hard. Susie and Noelle gazed at the water together while holding hands.
_____________________________

The End

12/15/12