23 - The gang

Belmont

I woke up with a throbbing hunger that was already driving me crazy.

"It will calm down." My eyes were closed but immediately I felt a hand running through my hair. Why was he even there? I sat up without looking at him and groaned when I realized it was Lumiere.

With a sigh, I got out of bed. My body had changed, I was visibly stronger but it still needed rest. It occurred to me that everything I had read and seen in movies was 99% wrong. This was no romantic shit with red lips lustfully biting a begging neck while a small drop of blood ran down the skin.

"You thought I was Clock," he chuckled.

"No," I muttered sourly.

He laughed again, "You're a bad lier."

"I didn't think..."

"But you were hoping?" I pulled on black jeans and a black long-sleeved T-shirt before shrugging. "How long are you going to ignore him?" he continued.

"I'm not ignoring him."

"A week ago you couldn't take your eyes off him and now you can't even look at him," he said.

"I need time."

Lumiere sighed, "you have less than a month, then you two must have solved all our problems."

"I know," I muttered and left the room.

A few bags of blood, two toast sandwiches with marmalade and a large coffee later, I follow Clocksworth down the culverts with my hands in my pockets and a frown on my face. He showed me around rooms and things I hadn't had access to before.

"In this room are all the silver bullets," he gave me a quick glance, "you have to be careful now, you can't just touch them."

"Okay," I muttered as I went after Clock. He was so damn handsome when his hair was still damp and hanging down over his eyes, I thought, feeling my heart rate increase.

"Are you listening?"

"Yes."

He sighed and walked to the next room, the door had cameras outside and he nodded at someone sitting on the other side of the screen before punching in a code to open the door.

"Here we store all the weapons, you can choose something you like and make your own shelf. Mine is over there, then we have Sheen, Joel, Roch and Rami." He turned around and looked at me. "Now that you're one of us, you can meet them."

"Why now?"

He went over to his shelf and took down a large machine gun, which he began to polish, and answered without looking at me. "Because now they can't empty you of your blood."

"So they are..."

"A bit uncivilized," he muttered.

I nodded and walked over to the stock of unused weapons, I picked them up one by one and examined them but found nothing I liked. It had been five days since I had woken up as a vampire and every day Anthony and Clock had given me lessons on what I needed to know. We barely looked at each other and it was taking its toll on both of us, I knew. Time and time again he had tried to talk to me, but I had just ignored him and now, now he was acting like I was some insignificant student he had to teach.

I went through the rows of weapons, one by one, until I found something I fell in love with. A long beautiful sword, a Katana.

"Choose as many as you want, take your time and train with them as you feel comfortable."