13 - Divorce

I was lying in bed trying to do everything I could to fall a sleep when I finally heard my door open and close. His perfume invaded my nose and I focused my hearing on him to follow his every move. A pile of papers was thrown down on my desk in a dark corner of my room, but for some reason he remained standing at the edge of my bed. He kept standing there silently as the minutes passed, and restlessness began to creep in. What the hell did he want?

After a tense wait, I heard Anthony move to the foot of the bed, but instead of opening the door to leave, I feel the mattress sink down by my feet. The pulse increases in my chest as he moved slowly up my body and when his face finally appeared above mine I choose to open my eyes to stare doubtfully into his, but he said nothing.

I saw hesitation in his eyes, a feeling I had rarely seen in him in all the years we had spent together. But I knew what he wanted, I felt it. For the first time, he shared his deepest thoughts with me, and I finally knew what he wanted. So why did he hesitate? He was so close, yet so far away.

I gathered my courage and let my fingers slide up his tense arms that rested on either side of me, up over his elbows and towards his shoulders. When my hands were finally on his neck, I raised my body off the mattress and pressed him down to gently bring his lips close to mine. It was the simple sign he needed. His lips dipped down to mine and captured them between his. I drew in a quick breath and as my back left the mattress, he took the opportunity to wrap his arms around my surprised body and pressed down hard on top of me. My hands finally moved up into his hair and I enjoyed the feeling of his heavy body over mine. My inside was on fire as his hands roamed my skin as he frustratedly yanked off any clothing that got in his way.

"Anthony," I whispered, trying to catch his eyes with mine, but he ignored me. I felt a wall of anxiety pulsing out of him, worry that he was making a mistake and also a sense of frustration that things were moving too slowly, he had waited so long.

When he growled annoyingly at the knot of my pajama pants, I knew it was time to switch roles, and with a smile on my face, I pushed him down on the bed and straddled his surprised body. We didn't say a word, there was no need. My hands worked quickly and I soon removed all his clothes and I couldn't help but stop and admire his body as he was lying still and waiting for me. His eyes studied me passionately but  once again I felt his uncertainty.

To soothe him, I ran my fingertips lightly over his bare torso and I took in every millimeter of him. "Theodore," he murmured, but I didn't let him speak, for I longed to feel his lips on mine again. 

 His mouth left mine and after a long and passionate kiss, he gently moved down my neck. I could feel his canines growing in his mouth and they gently scratched my skin in the same place Luis once marked me on our wedding night. A thought entered my head, his thought, he wanted to bite me. But it wasn't the hunger for blood that drove him, it was the thought of making me his forever. I took a quick breath and put both hands on his shoulders to create a space between us. I needed to look him in the eye, I needed to know what he was thinking.

"Theodore," he whispered in a voice full of desire and longing, "if you want to break your bond, we need to create a new one."

I looked into those otherwise icy cold eyes and lifted a hand to caress his cheek, "is that what you want?" I whispered, "or is it what you feel you have to do?"

He laughed softly at my question, "it's what I've wanted from the first moment I saw you in your pathetic human form."

I nodded slightly, his words did not surprise me, we had been avoiding our feelings for centuries, but I never gave myself the pleasure to even fantasize about this day, that we would finally have each other. It was now or never. I automatically brushed my fingers against Luis's mark and nodded, "you know it's what I want."