21 - Magnus

Dominic

The next day I woke up in a lumpy bed with an aching back and a throbbing headache. My whole body was stiff from walking around in the cold and now that it was finally warmed up again, it was whining like hell. Carefully I tried to stretch to get the blood circulation going but my arms didn't get far before they hit the huge warm body lying next to me and soon sporadic memories started to come back.

The word toy had taken on a whole new meaning during the night, not that I minded, on the contrary, I thought, running my fingertips admiringly over his hairy, muscular torso. With a growl, he lifted his arm and pulled me to him so that my naked, half-sized body was pressed tightly against his.

"Are you going to answer my questions now?" I grinned and ran my fingers through his long beard.

With a sigh, he opened one eye and looked at me for half a second before closing it again. "So you're an early riser," he sighed tiredly and buried his face in the pillow to go back to sleep.

"Early? It's probably almost noon," I teased, pushing one leg between his so that I was even closer to him and soon I felt him start to harden against my stomach. "So... what are you?" I asked.

"Horny," he replied with a grin and pushed me onto my back.

I rolled my eyes as his lips began to explore my neck and I laughed, "I already knew that."

"I'm not human, that's all you need to know," he whispered in my ear before nibbling my earlobe playfully.

"I figured as much?" I muttered, "and where exactly are we?"

He stopped abruptly and looked down at me with amused eyes, "you are in Paris, but not in your Paris."

I looked at him uncomprehendingly, "what do you mean?"

He leaned down again and ran his tongue over my lower lip before continuing, "What do you know about magic and parallel universes?"

I raised an eyebrow and contained my laughter, "I expected a serious answer."

"That was a serious answer," he replied without the usual smile and for once he actually looked serious and it made my heart race.

"What the fuck, Magnus," I gasped with panic in my eyes and pushed him away from me. "This is no fucking joke."

He shrugged and reached for his clothes scattered on the floor, "you wanted an honest answer."

"But... what the hell do you mean?"

"You humans think you're at the top of the food chain," he continued with his back to me as he pulled his gray T-shirt over his broad shoulders, "but in fact you're among the weakest creatures on earth and because of that we don't care much for you."

"We?" I asked cautiously.

He turned around on the edge of the bed and gave me a wry smile, "are you sure you want to know?"

I sat up and noticed how his eyes slid over my exposed body with a hungry gaze. "Call it survival instinct," I grinned.

His huge smile broke out on his face again and he looked at me approvingly, "you're smart."

"Not enough? Then I would never have gotten into this mess," I sighed and threw myself back on the pillows again.

"You're looking for someone?" He asked, even though I had already told him.

"My ex girlfriend disappeared into an alley and disappeared," I said, staring at the ceiling. "I went after her and suddenly I ended up here, like I stepped into the closet and ended up in fucking Narnia."