2 - Luis

I walked slowly down the long staircase and was greeted by a grand open hallway leading to seven different doors and openings in different directions. Confused, I looked around and was struck by the fact that I had no idea where I was going. The floors were shiny black marble, heavy fabrics of red velvet and gold covered the windows and everything felt like a dream. On the walls hung portraits of various people I didn't recognize. There were freshly picked flowers in elegant vases and other luxuries I had only dreamed of owning. It didn't escape anyone's notice that the home belonged to a prince.

Suddenly my vampire hearing picked up the sound of discussing voices and I took a few hesitant steps towards the open door. Although I was invited, I felt too insecure to step into the large dining room. I didn't know anyone, I didn't know how many people lived here and I had no idea what they thought of me.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. So many dark thoughts, my dear," giggled a voice behind me, causing me to freeze on the last step of the stairs with my hand still on the railing.

I felt the new vampire move towards me and I waited to look behind me until he was standing on the step above mine. I couldn't get the slightest glimpse of him before a male but unusually slender hand caressed mine and I studied the dark red painted nails for a brief second as it traveled up my arm and came to rest on my neck.

"Turn around," his smooth voice whispered and I couldn't stop myself, the power in him told me that I had to obey him. When I turned around I was met by two dark green eyes and I knew immediately that this was a powerful being, just like the prince himself. The one standing before me was old, very old, and full of grace and beauty. "It's rude to stare," he giggled, caressing my cheek. "But I guess you haven't adjusted to your new life yet, you're just a newborn."

I swallowed hard and shook my head slightly. "I'm sorry monsieur, I was surprised, that's all."

The slender vampire tilted his head to the side so that his dark curls fell off his shoulder. "Surprised by my beauty and charming presence?" He giggled and walked past me. "Come my dear, don't keep my brother waiting, he is a restless creature of the night and we don't want to annoy him for no significant reason."

"Your brother?" I asked, finally finding some courage in my voice.

"Yes, we share the same father," he glanced over his shoulder and winked at me, "just like you and Lumiere."

So Anthony was his brother, and he in turn was clearly the head of the house. But the vampire before me was dripping with the same power as my creator, and something about his appearance intrigued me.

"Then you are also a prince, my Lord? Or should I say Your Highness?"

My words made the vampire laugh with delight and he immediately turned to place my cheeks between his hands. "You're amazing!" he exclaimed happily, "I hope I get to keep you," he murmured further, his eyes wandering to the ceiling as he pondered. "And to answer your question, dear. Yes, I am a prince, much like him. But I've never liked formalities, so you can call me Luis on private occasions. But I'm sure you can think of more appropriate nicknames for more intimate moments," he added, smiling slyly. "My Prince works greatly if you feel the need to be formal," he then said but waved it off as if he really didn't care if I ever did. But something told me that his brother would scold me if I didn't treat them both with proper respect.

I walked closely behind the younger prince and we soon reached the dining room where everyone seemed to be waiting for us. Anthony sat at the head of the table and Lumiere at his left side. There were also some other male vampires gathered that I had never seen before and all eyes were immediately on me as we entered the room.

"I found a lost puppy wandering around in our halls, big brother," Luis said with a wide smile and put his hand in mine to lead me to my seat. The chair was placed next to his own and opposite Lumiere. His hand was cold, but slim and surprisingly comfortable as it held mine in a firm grip.