I pointed to the left, "That's the washroom."

"Thanks, I'll be right out." Sheepishly, she made her way to the bathroom.

I picked up the food and placed it on the table in the central hall, turning on the TV. I doubted she'd go now and it was a better move for me to just give in. Making a fuss would result in more difficulties for me. I could just use this opportunity to get more information about Erex from her.

"Hey." 

I placed the plates on the glass table and looked up at her, taking a place on the couch. "Hey. You're back."

Eve looked around, unable to hide a growing smile. "You caved."

"Did I have any other option?" I wryly smiled.

"Nope." She plopped down on the couch besides me and stretched to open the pizza box. "So, have you decided what we're gonna watch?"

I shook my head. "I'm sure you already had something in mind."

She winked, "You thought correct. Okay." She handed me a pizza slice, skipping the plate and grabbed one for herself. "You have two options: Tangled." She bit into her pizza. "Or Tangled."

I rose a brow, "What a wide variety of choices, thanks."

She chuckled and took the remote, turning on the movie after searching for it. There was no sound except for us chewing and I didn't make a move to fill it.

"Why do you like this movie so much?" I questioned. Movie choices say a lot about a person.

She shrugged, finishing up the first slice as the movie began. "Just because. It's chaotic and romantic. It makes me laugh." 

"And swoon, I'm sure."

"That too. Who doesn't like Flynn Ryder?" She made a wide-eyed gesture. I shook my head. "What's your fav Disney movie though?"

"I told you, I'm not really big on movies. Especially Disney. It's a little too delusional and whimsical for me to handle." 

Eve stared at me and I turned to meet her warm honey eyes. "What?"

She shook her head, "Nothing. Let's eat and watch the movie, I want to gush and squeal with you."

"I won't be doing either of that." I calmly responded, picking up another pizza slice. The flavor was tolerable, I could bring myself to eat more. Plus, I'd returned late and been hungry according to the clock, at least. This served as a good enough dinner.

"That's fine. I just need some company." She flashed me a slightly subdued smile, settled in well and then glued her eyes to the screen. Opening a can of beer, she started to sip slowly.

I stared at her side profile for a few beats and then turned, glancing at my locked cupboard with my work laptop and some of the newer files of pending cases I'd brought with me to work on.

I doubted I'd finish them anytime soon.

I looked at the pizza, then att he TV screen displaying the Disney princess with her long hair and big eyes and fancy dreams.

"They've portrayed her longing to see the world so well." Eve remarked. "And she finds the happiness she deserves."

I nodded, "Lucky her indeed, she does get to see the world later on and fall in love." I closed the empty pizza box, opting to throw it away later. "Not everyone's as lucky."

I did get to see the world too but really, I'd rather never have known the world. There wasn't much good in it.

Neither of us said anything for a few seconds and then Eve whispered, "Yeah."