eleven

XI. His Identity

AUSTRALIA: August 2023

TWITTER:

➥@LIVing: I was 3 seconds late

@LIVing: I was 3 seconds late

     @letlet: still late

➥@LIVing: my bestie looking so amazing here

@LIVing: my bestie looking so amazing here

     @letlet: you and the wind need to stop conspiring against me.

Olivia sat in front of her best friend; Lettie, the redhead was pouting and had her arms crossed. "You're late-" "By a few seconds Lettie!"

The redhead huffed, "This is the first time we're going to see each other after weeks." She reasoned. Olivia raised an eyebrow at her, "And whose fault is that? You're off living your dream already."

Lettie frowned and reached to grab her hand, "Liv, I asked you multiple times when you didn't have class to come to one of the shows and races but you didn't want to go."

"I would love to but you know how it is for me Lettie. I have to finish first, I promised that to dad." She explained. The model sighed but nodded, "You need to have a life though."

Olivia smiled, "I do have a life." Suddenly, as if Lettie remembered, "Oh yeah. You haven't told me anything about your Oscy." She teased her.

The baker blushed and pinched her best friend's hand, "Aray! That hurt Livie." She pouted, but Liv can see it, the sly smirk on her face. She rolled her eyes, she knew she won't stop pestering her until she tell her.

"What do you want to know?"

"How old is he?"

"22."

"Where did you meet him?"

"We're neighbors."

"What's his job?"

"Uh-he drives cars?"

Lettie raised an eyebrow at her, "Why do you sound unsure?"

Olivia groaned and shook her head, "We never really got to talk about his job. Never really got to that point." The redhead groaned, "You have been hanging out for weeks and you have not bothered to ask about his job? What if he's a hitman or something?"

The brunette laughed, "He's too sweet to be a hitman." Lettie looked at her in shock, "And you're really not hiding that you like him huh?"

Liv smiled, "He's so sweet Lets, he modeled for me..." she trailed. "NUDE?!" Lettie asked in shock. This made Olivia to kick her making the redhead laugh, "I'm kidding."

"You're a menace."

"You're best menace. Anyways, what's his name?" Lettie asked. Liv smiled, "Oscar, he's the grandson of the owner of the bakery I sell my pastries at."

In Lettie's head, she was starting to connect things. A driver? Oscar? Seems familiar. She hummed and nodded, "Who's the owner again of the bakery?"

Olivia raised an eyebrow at her, "Did you get memory loss or something Lets? It's Nana Piastri." All of the sudden Lettie gasped, "Oscar Piastri?!" she asked in complete shock.

"Yeah? Do you know him?" But Lettie did not answer, she grabbed her phone searched something. She smiled at her best friend, "Your Oscar is an F1 driver." She said.

"What? How are you so sure-" She was cut off when Lettie showed her a picture. There he was, Oscar Jack Piastri wearing a race suit and was pulling on a helmet on his head, behind him was his race car. Her jaw dropped, "Holy-"

Back in their apartment complex, Oscar brought Tupperwares that was left for him from Olivia with a simple note;

Hi Oscy! Sorry for the note, I had to leave early but here's something I prepared for you. Have fun!

-Liv

He hummed and opened them, his eyes widened at the familiar sight of the dish. Immediately grabbing a fork, he took a piece of chicken and bit into it. It was delicious and he couldn't help but smile.

The savory taste of the adobo reminded him of Bianca and Evangeline, but this one was different, hints of color yellow was in them. When he took a bite of it he realized it was pineapple. Adobong Manok with Pineapple.

It was something new, another new thing Olivia introduced him to. After a few bites of the dish, he looked at the other Tupperware, he opened it to see an oval shaped dessert. There was caramelized sugar on top and what looked like a think piece of flan was under it.

Tasting it, the sweetness and smoothness of the dessert caught him off guard, "Damn." He cursed as he took another bite. It was bad for his diet, seeing as the next race was soon, but they were delicious.

As he continued eating a realization came to him, "Liv's Filipino?"

MESSAGES: