two

II. Lost Brush Set

AUSTRALIA: August 2023

INSTAGRAM:

Olivia didn't know what to expect when she came back to her apartment

Olivia didn't know what to expect when she came back to her apartment. Of course, she knew she had a package waiting for her, what she didn't expect was a sticky note to be stuck on her door.

It wasn't the first time that she had something delivered, but it was the first time that she had a note on her door. Walking to it, she grabbed the note and read it.

She didn't know if she should be scared or think of it as something that was cute. She looked at the package and then at the door to her left.

Olivia shrugged and unlocked the door. She pushed it open before crouching down and pulling the tape off the box. She beamed at the sight of her new materials. Grabbing it and carrying it open.

Not realizing that something dropped from the box. She walked in and closed the door with her feet. Once she was inside, Oscar was on his way out.

He was texting his mum about lunch when he caught sight of something on the floor. With furrowed eyebrows, he walked to it. Realizing it was brush set.

He then heard music coming out of the door next to him. Grabbing the brush set, he was about to knock when his phone rang. Looking at the caller id he sighed and stood up.

With the brush set in hand he answered the call, "What is it now Arthur?" he asked. "You will not believe what happened in Ate Mia's show." The Monegasque driver said. Oscar listened carefully to his best friend as he walked down to the parking space to go and drive to visit his mum.

As he left, Olivia, inside her apartment was singing to the song as she rummaged through the package. She was excited for it to arrive but she was most excited for the brush set she had dreamed of as a child.

But as she was going through all of the things that was sent to her, they were nowhere to be found. She frowned and huffed, her eyebrows furrowed. She didn't know if the people who sent it to her made a mistake.

She grabbed her phone to message them when something clicked in her head. The guy next door.

Olivia hummed and quickly walked to her table, rummaging through her drawer she finally found it. Pulling it out; the unused yellow sticky notes given by her best friend.

Grabbing a black pen she wrote on the sticky note; Hi there! The girl next door here, I was just wondering, maybe you saw a brush set? It's really important to me. If not then thanks! If yes, can I ask for it back? Thanks!

-Liv

She held the sticky note in hand as she stared at the door of her neighbor. She didn't know if he was there or not. She was doing it by ear, something she never really did before. But there she was now, unsure if she should do it or just wait for him to get home-

No. That would be stalking. She sucked a breath and stuck the sticky note on his door before walking back in her apartment.

Olivia glanced at his door and sighed before walking back inside not realizing that Oscar was on his way up already with freshly baked cookies from his grandmum.