seven

VII. Her Fears

AUSTRALIA: August 2023

Olivia was standing in front of the aisle, her head tilted and her lips pursed. She had been staring at the different chocolate chips. She was starting to get confused on how she can guess the perfect recipe of chocolate chip cookies that Nana Piastri would make.

She sighed and turned around, she didn't expect the wall to have moved. Well, it was really a person. A living breathing person, because she heard him chuckle. "Well hello there Livie." He said.

She looked up when she heard the familiar chuckle. He smiled down at her, "We really have to stop meeting like this." He said.

The baker pouted silently, "You don't want to see me anymore Oscy?" she asked. His eyes lit up and his lips turned up into a smile, "Oscy?" he asked.

Suddenly she realized what she said and blushed. She looked at the floor, "Shit, sorry. It's just your nana kept on calling you that and I-"

"Hey. It's okay." He said placing a hand on her shoulder. Olivia looked up with a shy look on her face. He couldn't help but chuckle again, "You're cute. You know that?" he asked.

"You're doing it in purpose!" she whined and pushed his face away making him laugh. "Okay, I'll stop. What are you doing anyway staring at chocolate chips?" he asked.

She raised an eyebrow at him, "What are you doing watching me?" she challenged. It was his turn to blush, "Just get your chocolate." He muttered making her laugh before turning back to the aisle.

"I have tried most of these and I still can't guess your nana's recipe."

Oscar realized and he smiled, "She usually uses these but it doesn't matter. The thing that makes it tasty is a family secret."

Olivia looked at him, hopeful and he chuckled. He crossed his arms, "And no, I'm not telling you." She huffed and grabbed the chocolate chips in his hands and placed it in her buggy before walking away.

TWITTER:

➥@letlet: damn, got a man I don't know about?

@letlet: damn, got a man I don't know about?

     @LIVing: you got a driver running after again?

     @letlet: hey! You know I only have one driver to run after

     @LIVing: oh so sorry, I forgot your special Arturo

     ➥@LIVing: oh so sorry, I forgot your special Arturo

@tutur: she calls you oscy?

@kinderjoy: I thought I was the only to call you that????

     @chili: well now SHE calls her that

Olivia and Oscar were laughing about the most random of things when they reached their floor. They walked to their door but then she stopped. He looked at her confused, "Why-" he stopped himself when he realized what she was staring at.

"I didn't order anything though." He said and the two walked to it. Once they glanced at the package, Liv laughed and Oscar let out a hum, "I think you put my address in purpose."

"Do not!"

He laughed and pinched her nose making her shake her head and push his hand away. "It was a mistake." She said. He nodded skeptically, "Sure."

She huffed and grabbed her package and kicked his shin. "Ouch!" he yelled and gripped his shin and hopped on one leg. She smirked at him and nodded, "That's what you get." She said.

Oscar smiled at her, finding her adorable even if his shin was still burning. She turned and was unlocking her door when he finally asked. Something he was thinking about, something he had thought about and talked to his nana to multiple times.

"Do you wanna get some coffee some time?"

Olivia stopped and turned to him. For the first time since he had met her, her face was blank. Just staring at him.

"Um- Like as friends?"

Oscar shook his head, "No, I mean like on a date?" he asked again. She blinked at him, "Oscar..."

He hummed and nodded, sending her a tight lipped smile. "It's okay. I know its sudden-" "No. It's just- it's going to sound silly." She muttered.

She frowned at him and he nodded again. "I understand." "I don't want you to think I don't like you, because it's impossible to not to. It's just, I haven't gotten the greatest experience with dating." She admitted.

He understood, and he was willing.

"You like me?"

"That's the only thing you heard?"

"I heard all of it but all I got there is to wait."

Silence. He knew she was scared, just by looking at her. But he smiled, "I really like you Liv. If you're still not ready then I can wait."