3 | "Notice what, Blaise?"

"Arlo, the password is pureblood, can you whisper it to the painting?"

"Pureblood!" He shouted as loud as he could, making Draco and Theo burst into a fit of giggles.

Alessia chuckled as door opened and the four of them went in, seeing Lorenzo sitting on the sofa of the common room.

"Hey little man." Enzo came over to say hello to Arlo, before offering to show him to his dorm, Draco opting to go with them as he needed to grab something from his own dorm anyway.

Theodore and Alesssia sat down on the sofa, about a foot of space between them. Normally, she would lean on his shoulder, or throw her leg over his, but something was different. Now that they were alone that strange feeling was back and they just stared at each other.

Theo was pretty clearly checking her out - not like that - just taking note of what had changed.

Her once shoulder length curls she kept almost permanently in braids or a ponytail, were now straightened and fell past her shoulders down a little further than her waist. As she fiddled with hr rings he also noticed that her once short bitten nails were now covered by a set of sleek french tips, a style he had often seen on Onyx, only hers were always red, while Alessia's were white.

As she bit her lip, looking down at her hands, he also noticed that she had got her braces off and that her face looked slimmer.. along with her waist, though he didn't want to admit he had noticed, he couldn't help it when he hugged her. He also didn't want to admit he noticed that other parts of her had grown, also something he accidentally noticed when hugging her.

It wasn't all too much of a surprise to him that she had changed, he had seen a photo of her in the daily prophet at the start of august, but she still had braces on, and her hair was curly in that photo.

He preferred her natural curls, and decided to let her know.

"Why is your hair straight?"

"Huh?" She looked up, not hearing him.

"Why did you straighten your hair?" He asked and bumped his knee on hers, leaving it there.

"Because I wanted to." It was only their knees touching, but any form of physical contact with him put that unfamiliar feeling back into her stomach. "I like it like this."

"You don't like it curly?" He tilted his head down and raised his eyebrows.

"I do but-"

"I like it curly." He cut her off and gave her a smirk when he noticed a subtle blush creep to her cheeks.

"Well maybe I won't straighten it next time."

"Not maybe. Don't." He shook his head, his Italian accent slightly coming out on the last word.

"Maybe." She chuckled.

They sat in silence for a moment before Draco and Enzo came back with Mattheo and Blaise trailing behind.

"Damn, Morse, you got hot!" Blaise commented with genuine surprise, making her giggle and everyone else laugh, apart from Theodore who rolled his eyes.

"Unfortunately, I have to agree with Blaise." Lorenzo laughed as he sat beside her throwing an arm around her shoulders. "Care to tell us what changed?"

Before she could even think of an answer to his question Draco also chimed in.

"Did your mother put you in contact with her plastic surgeon then?"

"I'll have you know both mine and my mothers looks are one hundred percent natural thank you very much Malfoy." She replied sharply.

"Mhm, are those hair extensions I see?"

"Nope, I just have good genes." She smiled and he rolled his eyes, no one noticing Theodore's amused smirk at the girl.

While she had always been confident she had never really defended herself when the boys would make comments like that - about the many silly rumours created about her family, all false of course, but it still pissed her off - he liked that she was finally defending them, and herself a little more.

Eventually Draco went off to study, refusing to let Granger beat him in potions again, while Mattheo went off to sleep, excited to finally have a good sleep considering the discomfort he felt in his own home, hence why Draco had invited him to stay with them. But, being Mattheo he refused to accept help.

And soon enough Lorenzo went to sleep too, leaving Blaise, Theodore, and Alessia alone in the Slytherin common room.

"So, how's Onyx?" Alessia asked Blaise.

"Well she's flying home tomorrow, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see." He shrugged "And Theo? Any girls you've been spending time with over summer?" He grinned, already knowing the answer.

"No."

"Really?" Alessia asked, stretching out on the sofa and throwing her legs onto Blaise's lap.

Theodore nodded as he watched Blaise run his hand up and down her calf, resting the other on her thigh. He felt a pang of jealousy, and a little angry at his friend for being so touchy with her.

It wasn't out of the ordinary, Alessia was very touchy with her friends, so was Blaise, but it still angered Theo to watch.

"I'm going to sleep." He said, not knowing how long he could hold back from punching Blaise if he kept his hands on her.

"Night mate." Blaise said and did the guy nod thing they do.

"Goodnight." She smiled at him and tapped his arm as he walked past, once again sending that funny feeling into her stomach.

Once he was out of earshot Blaise let out a laugh he had been resisting for a while.

"Oh wow," He chuckled as he caught his breath. "I was so right about him."

"What?"

"You didn't notice?" He raised an eyebrow and laughed some more at her confused face.

"Notice what?"

"Nevermind." He kept laughing and patted her thigh before standing up, grabbing her hands, and pulling her to her feet.

"Notice what, Blaise?"

"You'll figure it out soon enough."