Lexi tilted her head down, accepting the accusations. "I know..."

~~~

Later that evening, Gibbs took Lily and Alexis to NCIS with him, as he didn't want to leave them home. Lily sat on the floor by her dad's desk, and Lexi sat between McGee and Harry's desks.

After hours of cataloging evidence and searching for answers, Gibbs took the girls home to get sleep. Although he stayed up in the basement all night, Lexi managed to get a couple hours of restless sleep. Lily barely seemed to rest any better.

They all headed back to the office around 8 the next morning. Lily headed down to visit Ducky, but Lexi just returned to her spot on the floor. Lexi played the same senseless game on her phone until she heard the elevator open, and Agent Fornell marched in, followed by two scary looking men.

Fornell walked straight up to Gibbs's desk. "Alright, Gibbs. Let's not have this problem again. You know as well as I do that I have to take the case from you."

Gibbs nodded, knowing there was no way to fight giving up control. He knew Fornell wouldn't exclude him, but the formalities were still in place. His phone rang, summoning him to Abby. Lexi watched Gibbs and Fornell charge off to the back elevator. The other two agents began collecting information and files from Bishop, Harry, and McGee.

~~~

Abby, whose pigtail braids were lower than ever, turned with a very solemn face to Gibbs. Her lab was almost silent, except for the lowered volume of music in the background. "Gibbs..."

When Fornell emerged behind him, she straightened a little. "Agent Fornell."

"What do you got, Abby?" Fornell asked, stepping around Gibbs.

"I, uh.. found the owner of the prints on the gun..." Abby looked to Gibbs, a deep sadness in her eyes. "And you're not gonna like 'em..."

She paused for a moment and then clicked her mouse, bringing up her results. "It's Lexi..."

Gibbs's expression seemed to match Abby's. "You're sure?"

"I ran them, like, ten times... They're hers, Gibbs."

Fornell sighed. "We have to talk to her, Gibbs... I'll have my best agent on it."

Gibbs nodded and led the way back to the squadroom. He walked in and took his seat, leaning on his knees and putting a hand to his mouth, restraining himself.

Fornell grabbed one of his agents and spoke discreetly, then pointed him off down a hallway. He then turned to Alexis and said, "Miss Alexis, would you come with me, please?"

Lexi looked up from her phone. "Me? Why?"

"We have a few questions for you." Fornell extended an arm, motioning to the hallway the agent just walked down.

Lexi stared with slight concern for a moment. She glanced to Gibbs, who nodded slightly, and then she followed Fornell down the hallway.

The agent, who introduced himself as Agent Gerard, sat across from Alexis at the small table in Interrogation Room 1. Lexi held rubbed her arms slightly, a bit cold, a bit scared.

"So, Lexi," the agent softened his usual voice, trying to appear comforting. "Where were you last night when Director Shepard was shot?"

Lexi swallowed hard, glancing at the one way mirror that she knew someone would be watching through, then turning back to the agent. "I was... at the park."

"Are you sure?" Agent Gerard leaned back. "Because you don't sound so sure."

Lexi knew she was the worst actress in the world by her actions here, but she nodded anyways.

"Alright... Let's talk about Director Shepard's gun. Do you know where she stores it?"

Lexi furrowed her brow, confused by this direction of questions. "Y-Yeah, of course. Gibbs and Jenny showed both Lexi and me where the guns were just in case..."

The agent nodded. "So you knew how to get to it, load it, use it?"

"Yeah, I guess... But I've never done it, I've never had to, and it's not like I was allowed to just stroll in and take it."

"Well, when was the last time you touched it?"

Lexi squinted her eyes, "Why are you asking me so much about the gun? I've never touched it."

"Alexis... the lab results show that your fingerprints are all over the gun."

Lexi froze, her whole body becoming a statue.

"What." She said more than asked.

"You were the one who pulled the trigger, Alexis. You Shot Jenny."

~~~

~~~~~~

~~~