Chapter 13: The End Of The Entry Exams! Seiju Vs. Denkei Finale!

Bắt đầu từ đầu

499 teleports into the arena and lifts Denkei's hand into the air. "The winner of the last match for the Entry Exam is Denkei. You can go to your hotel room and rest. After five hours, return here, and I will announce your results."

In response to 499's request, Denkei exits the room, and the doctors move Seiju to the hospital, his stretcher creaking with each step.

"What are your impressions of the new rookies, 499?" An elderly man standing 194 centimeters shuffles into the booth, his brown sandals scuffling against the floor. He wears light beige robes which rustle against his skin and a white visor on his eyes. His hair is a full, fluffy Afro, and his skin is a rich, dark brown tone with wrinkles and age spots. He also has a long wooden Bo staff strapped to the back of his robes. His brown melanin skin is a testament to his lineage. He is a prominent member of The Law Family, one of the most renowned Advanced Human families in Ozanian history. He strides to 499, a faraway look in his eyes, appearing to need to gather information.

"The rookie Supernatural's show great potential this year."

"Ok, elaborate more."

"I'll start with Juyon. He's an excellent fighter. He's the strongest among everyone. He has incredible physical strength, control of his JōKai power, and good battle poise. My only qualm with him is that he often hesitates against his opponents. During his battle with Navar, he had many chances to defeat him, but his kind nature prevented him from doing so. Who knows what his kindness might do to him if he were to battle against opponents intending to kill?"

"Interesting."

"Next, we have Navar, who has the highest ceiling amongst everyone here. Although he hasn't awakened his JōKai, he learned JōKai Amplification quickly during the heat of the battle. He may have never been in a formal fighting situation, but it's clear he is knowledgeable about his sword usage, and his toughness and stamina are also great. Though he may have great potential, his flaws are blaring. He's reckless and stubborn; during the battle, he kept attacking Juyon with no battle plan. He's fortunate that Juyon is a kind person; otherwise, his condition would have been much worse than it is."

"Then we have his sister, Miri, who is the complete opposite regarding personality. Her battle smarts and her agility make her a standout in this class. She even developed her fighting style long before the Entry Exams. Like her brother Navar, she could learn the JōKai Amplification technique quickly, showing her potential is synonymous with Navar's. And as far as flaws, she only has one flaw; her battle style needs more polish."

"Then we have Seiju, who is a wildcard. In his case, you either get an excellent archer or a lazy slacker. I'll admit he has great potential, but he needs to increase his work ethic to become a powerful warrior for our army."

"Next, we have Denkei. Denkei is a tactical fighter, considering how his fight with Seiju went. He executed his plan perfectly, showing that he is always a step ahead of his opponent. His control of Magic JōKai is very impressive for someone his age. During the fight, he came up with clever plans that weren't unpredictable. My problems with Denkei are his ability to work with others and he's too close-minded. Everything seems to be "by the book" for him. He will never abandon his mission, no matter what the cause. Although that may be a good thing, certain scenarios require you to change the goal, and I'm not sure he would be open to change. Another thing is his lack of motivation. During the battle, he was treating it as an everyday routine."

"Finally, there's Astran. Like many people of her race, Astran has a strong and competitive spirit. She also has physical strength that can rival Juyon's. She also seems to have some knowledge of her inherited JōKai, but this ties into what I think is the biggest flaw amongst anyone in this year's group."

"And what would that be?"

"It appears there is some trauma clouding her judgment during the battle. It's so severe it prevents her from using JōKai. A Warrior must always have a sound mind during missions and battles. If they don't, the results won't be good. "

"Understood, so I take it you have the test results already?"

499 hands Bushiyon a manilla folder containing the test results. "Here they are," 499 steps echo in the empty room as he walks towards the exit.

Bushiyon opens 499's folder and takes a quick look at the contents. "You have 10 hours to submit the results to the Ozanian Senate so these year's rookies can get battle permitted."

"Yes, sir," 499 exits the room after his conversation with Bushiyon finishes.

After an hour and a half passes, 499 pages for every rookie to come to the arena room. The loud beep of the paper rouses Miri from her sleep. Miri's fingers tremble as she holds her pager, reading the words from 499. Miri turns to Navar and gives him a gentle nudge. "Wake up, Navar."

Navar adjusts his posture, then shifts his gaze to Miri. "What now?"

Miri holds up her pager, then points to it. "Our test results," Navar jolts out of bed, his feet thudding against the floor and echoing through the room as he races toward the arena room.

"Hey Navar, wait up!" Miri chases after Navar until they arrive at the arena room. 499 focuses his gaze on Navar and Miri. "First ones here. Good job on the punctuality."

"Thank you, sir," says Navar and Miri.

After about 30 minutes of waiting, the rest of the newcomers appear in the room. "Good; now that you're all here, I can tell you the results of your Entry Exam."

"Navar Okayasu…. You have passed," Navar erupts in jubilation at the news of passing the Exam.

"Miri Okayasu…. You have passed," Miri flashes a sly smile.

"Juyon Shirahashi, you have passed," Juyon's face remains a blank slate, devoid of emotion in response to the results.

"Denkei Tanaka, you have passed," Denkei is unmoved by his results, his face portraying no emotion.

"Seiju Hikami, you have passed."

"I knew I would," Seiju's lips curve in a broad smile, and his shoulders move in a carefree shrug.

"And Astran Starforger…."

"Come on, please…." Astran thinks to herself.

"You have failed your Entry Exam. You will be eligible for next year. I suggest you train hard enough and prepare so that you'll pass when next year comes around."

"Understood, sir," Astran leaves the arena, her shoulders slumping with disappointment.

"For the rest of you, your first mission will start in one week. Rest up and prepare because now you are entries for the Ozanian Army."

"Yes, Sir!" says every rookie.

"You are all dismissed," says 499.