Chapter 5: Final Stage Of Orientation! Interview With The Emperor

After the second orientation phase, the Supernatural and The Academy draftees step into the quiet atmosphere of Room A, the interview room. This room has four yellow walls, nine chairs, and four people. One person is a young Advanced Creature: Advanced Human male around 162 centimeters in height. He has thin, white hair cut short, with pencil-thin, straight eyebrows above his gray eyes. He wears a flowing blue and white robe that touches the ground, and in his hand, he has a two-meter-long brown staff topped with a bright, emerald-green orb.

Another draftee, a young female with a vivid green hue to her skin, stands around 159 centimeters tall. She has emerald green eyes, short pointed ears, and long, glossy dark red hair. The prominent features classify her as a Troll: Elf Archetype. Her outfit is a full-body latex ensemble in a combination of green and black paired with black boots.

The remaining recruits are familiar faces, Jax and Rojo. Navar can't contain his excitement when he sees Jax, so he runs towards him, arms outstretched and ready for a hug. "Hey Jax, how di-"

"Shh," the white-haired child gestures to a black and white sign that says no talking.

Navar's eyes flicker to the Blue-Robed Youth before settling back on Jax. "Anyway, Ja- "

"Hey, do you not know how to read? For the good of everyone here, will you shut up so we don't get in trouble?"

Navar stares at The Blue Robed youth, his face still and silent. "No."

The white-haired youth lets out a deep, audible sigh of irritation. "Good grief, don't complain to me if we all get yelled at," He adjusts himself in his chair sideways, the chair creaking slightly as sleep takes him over. "I hope all warriors aren't like that guy. Cause if so, it's going to be a long career," he thinks to himself.

Suddenly, an elderly Advanced Human Male with short, straight gray hair, creased tan skin, and brown eyes appears on the projector screen, draped in a majestic purple robe. "Greetings. My name is Rai, Emperor of Ozania, and I will be your proctor for the last phase of this exam. For this interview, I will ask you one question. You don't have to worry. This question isn't hard; it's straightforward. However, I will not let you pass if you do not meet my expectations or if I suspect your background isn't fit for Ozania. To conclude this briefing, under your seats should be a number from 1 to 9. Whoever has the number 9 starts first, and whoever has the number 1 comes last."

They pull out the strip of paper from their seats, and the order they'll go in is: Rojo is 9, Juyon is 8, Navar is 7, The Elf is 6, Jax is 5, Seiju is 4, Miri is 3, Astran is 2, and The Blue Robed Youth is 1.

"Sit tight before I come, and prepare yourself for the question. See you then!"

When the teleprompter cuts off, the rookies sit in uncomfortable silence. Navar, his patience wearing thin, exhales an exasperated sigh. "Ugh, can we please get on with the interview? I'm so bored!"

"Just wait, you idiot. Do you always have to be so impatient?" asks Miri.

"And do you always have to be so negative?"

"Kinda hard not to when you're so annoying all the time."

"... Shut the fu- "

Jax places his hand over Navar's mouth. "Woah, Navar! Chill! Don't say that."

"Sorry," Navar lets out a soft embarrassed chuckle.

After what felt like an eternity, the secretary finally opens the interview room door. "Number 9, you're up!"

"Welp, I guess it's my time to go," Rojo strides ahead, his heart pounding and his body shaking as he approaches the door. "Come on, Rojo, get a grip! It's just one question!" Rojo thinks to himself.