Chapter 3: Second Stage Of Orientation! JōKai The Power Of Warriors!

Navar and Miri stroll through the dimly lit hallway, their footsteps echoing off the walls until they arrive in the orientation room. The room has bright blue ceiling tiles illuminating the room's black walls and high-hanging lights casting a soft glow. There's also a weapons room with many weapons on display through a window and four other people. Among those four people are three draftees and their instructor.

"Take a seat," says an old gray-haired man with a smile. He is wearing a long orange and black robe with the writing "Honor" on it. His hair is a light shade of gray, and his eyes are a warm brown color that sparkles with a gentle glimmer. "Welcome to the second stage of orientation. My name is Higashi, former High Ranking Warrior of Ozania, and I will be your instructor today. During the first orientation, you were told about the three branches of Ozania and a summary about how they function as one coherent empire."

"While Ozania's Republic and Academy were both critical to its success, Supernaturals were the key to how we could grow as an empire. Having one Supernatural can equate to having one thousand soldiers during a war or battle. That made an enormous difference in the conflicts we faced over the centuries. That is also one of the big reasons it's such an arms race to gather Supernaturals among empires. In fact, one in every trillion creatures is a Supernatural, so the fact five of you are here is amazing."

"One in every trillion. That's insane," Miri thinks to herself.

Higashi slowly withdraws a mace from the folds of his robe. "Now, this separates us from the rest. Watch closely," Higashi swings his mace, and a searing heat ripples off it.

Navar becomes speechless as he watches Higashi's incredible performance, his mouth agape in amazement. "Wow, that looks so cool..."

"That was a visible demonstration of JōKai, the power within Supernaturals. The power you saw was Flame JōKai, one of the nine types of Elemental JōKai. The 9 Elemental types are Flame, Wind, Spark, Water, Lava, and Terrain, which can be divided into Soft Terrain and Hard Terrain, Sound, and Ice. Of course, there are many more JōKai variants out there, but I'm only supposed to teach you the basic types since those are the most common."

"With JōKai and its variety of powers, there are also many ways you can use it. The number of styles warriors or Supernaturals use to fight with their given JōKai are called JōKai classes."

"Warriors who prefer martial arts and brawling styles are classified as Melee Class."

"Warriors who use their JōKai on swords, maces, staffs, and many more close-range objects are classified as Striker Class."

"Warriors who wield special grade JōKai blasters, cannons, snipers, rifles, and bows are classified as Gunner Class."

"Warriors who prefer to blast out the JōKai from within themselves towards their opponent are classified as Summoner Class."

"Warriors who use their JōKai to manipulate the surrounding environment are classified as Manipulator Class."

"Now that the lecture portion of this orientation is done, who here knows their JōKai or wants to know it and show the class?"

"I'll go," says a deep, youthful voice. The volunteer is a muscular young male standing at a stifling 297 centimeters tall. He wears a deep brown metal chest plate, wrist gauntlets, oval shoulder pads, and armor-style shorts. He also wears black metal boots and a black metal headband, holding up his medium height curly hair. He has dark black eyes, pupils that are a lighter hue of orange and the colored skin complexion of taupe. Last, there is a scar on his left eye His size and natural muscularity classify him as a Golem: Advanced Human Archetype.

"Hello, young Golem. Thank you for being a volunteer. Can you turn to the class and tell them your name?"

"Juyon Shiraishi."