Chapter 7: The First Fight Continues! Navar Vs. Juyon Part 2!

Navar winces and holds his left rib, recollecting the impact of Juyon's counter. "That attack he just did almost sent me out of the area, but what did he do? No... just sittin' here doin' nothin' won't do me any good! I need to get closer!"

Navar hurriedly approaches Juyon, his blade held high, while Juyon holds up his fists in a defensive stance. Navar clasps his hilt with two hands, lowers it to his waist, and then makes a swift, upward movement with his sword. The sound of clashing steel fills the air as Juyon uncrosses his fists, stopping the attack and forcing Navar's blade out of position. Juyon cocks his arm back then, and he connects on a right hook across Navar's jaw with a resounding thud, sending him flying meters across the arena. Navar feels the wind whip through his hair as he free-falls to the ground. "I'm not done yet!" Navar sprints back at Juyon, sweat dripping down his face as he readjusts his grip on his blade to two hands. He brings his blade behind his shoulder, and with a loud swoosh, his sword moves forward with considerable speed.

Juyon's fists collide with a sharp clap, and then Hard Terrain JōKai materializes onto them. "Horns of Taurus!" Navar's sword clangs against Juyon's rugged, rocky fists, sending Navar flying through the sky.

Miri's face contorts in rage as she tightly clenches her fists, appalled at Navar's reckless decision-making. "Why in the hell does he keep on charging in like that? He needs to think before he attacks."

Navar's teeth chatter from the sudden pain as he crashes onto the white tile floor. "That hurt," Navar rises to his feet, and he takes a moment to review the attack pattern of Juyon in his mind. "I notice a pattern. He has a stronger force behind his attacks when he squeezes his fists together before he attacks me."

"He's standing still. It's time to engage," Juyon thinks to himself. He charges toward Navar, the wind rushing in his ears as Hard Terrain JōKai materializes on his fists. He reels his right arm back and delivers a powerful punch to Navar's chest, causing a brief pause in Navar's breathing. "Bellowing Bison!" Navar drags his fingertips across the smooth, white tile, stopping himself from sliding out of the arena.

As Navar recovers from the attack, his chest tightens, and he coughs up a ball of blood. "He packs a hell of a punch, and that time, he didn't clap his fists together. Maybe I-"

Juyon scurries toward Navar, the clap of his fists loud in the air as he invokes Hard Terrain JōKai onto his hands. "He did it again. He clenched his fist," Navar thinks to himself.

Juyon closes the distance and unleashes a flurry of punches so fast they look like hundreds of fists in one. "Mandruk Barrage!"

Navar's mouth goes dry, and he feels his skin prickle with terror as he watches Juyon's attack approach. "Damn, that isn't good! I need to figure out a way to avoid that attack!" Navar attempts to dodge the attack by jumping to the left, but his foot slips on a loose pebble. He feels his heart drop to the pit of his stomach as he's now open for the full brunt force of the attack. "Shit! This isn't good!"

Juyon batters Navar with an unrelenting series of punches, the force of each one equaling a bull's full-speed charge. After the last blow, Navar skids across the arena floor and stops just inches from the edge.

"This battle is very one-sided, and Navar is near his limit. It's a shame he had to fight someone like Juyon during his first fight," Miri thinks to herself.

Navar's eyes flicker in and out of consciousness, his body wracked with pain from the devastating attack as he lies on the arena floor. "That attack almost ended me."

499 steps into the arena beside Navar. "Are you able to continue, Navar?"

Navar rises to his feet, his buckling knees creaking with effort as he brushes them off. "Yeah, I'll be alright," He smears the blood from his lip and readies his blade, his hand tightening around the hilt as he squares off.