Chapter 100 - The Secret Is Out - Part 3

Zacznij od początku

"Now I'm wondering how much you must have drunk back then at the Depot," Rory chuckled, and though that particular night at the Depot wasn't the most appropriate topic, no one pointed it out.

"A lot," Evan admitted, and Ryan laughed beside him, taking the bottle from him. He didn't let on that the night in question was bothering him, and Evan's fears were only dispelled when he focused on his emotions and made sure Ryan wasn't faking it for his sake.

Too bad he couldn't do the same with Kieran.

Evan's eyes shifted warily to the brown-haired boy across the room, but he was saying something to Josh with a smile.

"You want some?" Ryan handed the bottle to Michael, and, to Evan's surprise, he took it. It obviously showed on his face as Michael's eyes met his for a moment while his lips were on the bottle. He raised an eyebrow in challenge, but Evan said nothing aloud.

"I've learned my lesson. Don't be sober when Angie's drinking," he explained though Evan didn't ask.

"Hey!" Angie overheard his words and didn't seem pleased by them.

"He's on to something," Aiden confirmed right away, pointing a finger at the black-haired boy. Then he reached out to him and took the bottle from him.

"Now that we've established that werewolves tolerate alcohol differently and apparently have different relationships, is there anything else we should know?" Lola asked, taking the bottle from Aiden. "Like some juicy details," she added with a smirk before taking a swig.

Angie giggled, revealing the answer. Evan had no idea what she thought was so funny, and it seemed that the others did not either, as they waited to hear what she was going to say.

"I just remembered how Evan said they only did it four times in a row," she revealed, emphasising the word only, and Evan's face immediately turned red. Before everyone could look at him, he quickly buried his face in Ryan's shoulder, even though he was sure that Ryan probably felt the same way.

"Only?" Lola repeated in a suggestive tone, and Josh whistled in admiration right after that.

"Shut up," Evan grumbled into Ryan's shoulder.

"Plus, they never get hickeys. We heal too quickly for them to last," Angie added, unfazed by her friends' embarrassment.

"Really?" Rory was clearly fascinated, and he wasn't the only one. "Are we going to get a demonstration?" asked Lola.

"Hell no," Evan replied, finally looking up.

"Oh, come on!" Rory protested.

"How about I give you a hickey?" Evan suggested. He then took a quick look at Ryan and as he nodded, Evan started to move towards Rory on all fours with a devilish grin on his face. Ryan immediately realised what he was up to and started to back away with his hands behind his back.

"Ryan!" Rory turned to his last salvation as they were all enjoying their little theatrics. "Aren't you going to stop him?"

Evan turned his head to look at his mate as well, but he didn't seem bothered, quite the opposite. "Nah," he said, and Rory let out a breath of disbelief.

"Think about it. How will Alex react when he sees you with a hickey?" Ryan suggested with a smile, and Rory suddenly stopped resisting. In fact, he was suddenly the one who began to approach Evan.

"Okay, come and love bite me, Mr Werewolf." He flicked a finger suggestively in Evan's direction before tilting his head to give him access.

"If you insist," Evan chuckled and wrapped his arms around Rory's neck, carefully pulling him closer. The moment he placed his lips on his neck, wolf whistles rang out around him.

Evan decided not to drag it out, and the moment he felt it was enough, he pulled away from his friend, and just as his cheeks turned a light ruby red, the same colour was reflected on Rory's face.

"Now I need a drink," Evan declared, and Lola enthusiastically handed him the bottle.

"We still haven't seen your super healing, though," Josh pointed out.

"We kind of have. I'm sure no one uses crutches for just a week," Kieran corrected him.

"Come here, love." Ryan obviously took pity on them, although Evan didn't know it yet. He obeyed almost immediately, settling comfortably into Ryan's arms as he held them out to him. Immediately afterwards, Ryan leaned into his ear and asked: "May I?"

Although Evan had no idea what he was asking him about, he automatically agreed. (As always.)

Just then, Evan felt a gentle touch on his neck, which quickly turned into a tingling sensation as Ryan's lips and teeth pressed against his sensitive spot. He could barely keep himself from making a sound, as it would be very embarrassing in front of his friends. Luckily, he succeeded, but as soon as Ryan's lips were free again, he pressed his own against them.

"Come on, break it up, or they won't be able to see anything," Angie's voice reached them.

Not exactly willingly, they ended their kiss and pulled away, and Evan rested the side of his head against Ryan's chest, giving everyone a perfect view of his neck.

"That's so cool," Josh said, and it was clear to Evan that he was just watching his neck slowly fade to its original colour. If Ryan had given him more, it would have taken longer for them to disappear completely, and besides, Evan was sure that Ryan hadn't given him a big hickey because he hadn't had much time to do so.

"I wish I had some superpowers too," Rory chimed in, "being a weave sucks."

"Wait, what?" Lola asked in surprise, and Aiden immediately added his own question, "Didn't you say that weaves are witches' soulmates?"

Rory sighed and then began to explain, "Alexander is a wizard, and I'm his weave. Not that he told me that himself." Immediately after that he picked up the bottle and took a long swig.

"So how did you find out?" Aiden asked. Lola remained silent and went into her listening mode, as she didn't like to pry information from her friends, especially when it was something personal.

"Evan and Ryan helped me with it," Rory explained briefly, handing the bottle to Josh.

"Hey! What about us?" Angie gestured at herself and Michael.

"You joined the team later," Rory replied with a shrug.

"Are we on the team now?" Josh asked cautiously and Rory looked at him as if he had asked a stupid question.

"You're always on my team."

"Awwww, Ro." The girls immediately clung to him in a side hug, each on one side.

"I'm too sober for this mushy shit," Michael declared, reaching for the bottle. The others laughed at that, but no one protested his statement.

"I think it's time for a proper Truth or Dare."