Inescapable

** CW: Mention of sexual assault, disassociation.**

"And then he kind of just stared at me, and started talking about some outfit All Might used to wear at the start of his career." Uraraka complains, leaning her round, pink cheek on her arm as she sits next to you. "All I wanted to know is if he liked my new costume."

"It's nice." You reply quietly. "I like the new headpiece."

"I wanted to know if Izuku liked it..." She mutters.

You pause mid-chew of your sandwich. You wished you had something like this to worry about, wanting to know if your crush likes your new costume, instead of having an undercover mission, a displeased handler and the potential of being blackmailed to stress about.

"Todoroki says Midoriya definitely likes you." You say, recalling his blunt opinion of Midoriya's behaviour around Uraraka. "Tsu agrees, and also thinks you're being way too obvious."

You swallow your food, looking at the girl keeled over opposite you. "You should just tell him and get together already."

"I don't like him!" She defends.

"Stop worrying about what he thinks about your costume then. Easy fix." You reply teasingly.

She groans, peeking at you from behind her arm. "If only I were as cool as you Hakuchō."

Your wings fluff behind you at the unexpected compliment, heat rising to your cheeks at the kindness of her words.
Cool was definitely not a word you'd use to describe yourself, but you were going to take the compliment anyway as a rarity from another person your age. You'd only ever really received cruel words before coming to UA, so any kind things were held very close to your heart.

"Hello." Todoroki greets as he places his lunch tray on the table.

"Hey. What do you think of Uraraka's new costume?" You ask, smirking into your food.

"It's nice. I like the new headset." He replies blandly, breaking his chopsticks.

You raise an eyebrow at Uraraka, but she doesn't look particularly pleased that Todoroki likes it either.
You're about to ask Todoroki to repeat what he said about Midoriya liking Uraraka when you spot the familiar sight of an unruly lavender head walking through the cafeteria.
You grab your bag, ditch your food and say a hasty goodbye to the two before running towards Shinsou.
Shinsou smiles lazily when he sees you, as if he hadn't basically ghosted you for a while.

"Feathers." He greets.

"Hey!" You greet with a smile. "I haven't seen you in so long."

"Hero course is crazy." He smirks, rubbing the back of his neck. "Didn't realise how hard you guys had it. It's fun though. And pretty much everyone is nice."

"I'm glad you're enjoying it." You smile. "I really wanted to do something to celebrate with you... Guess it's a bit late to now though, right?"

Shinsou almost looks a little taken aback, like he can't quite believe that you want to spend time with him outside of training.

"You did? Really?" He asks.

"Yeah. But uh... yeah." You trail off, not wanting to make things awkward by bringing up the fact you'd felt like he had been ignoring you.

"Well, I'm sure we could do something sometime." He shrugs. "Got a lot of catching up to do at the moment, though. Don't wanna lose my spot."

You could understand that. You had to catch up too, but the difference was he wanted to be a hero, and you didn't.
You would happily skip a day's worth of 'catching up' to spend time with him.