Housewarming

You don't open your eyes until you feel your feet on the ground again, Keigo's hands moving to your waist to hold you up straight as you ground yourself again.
That wasn't necessarily the worst thing you'd experienced, but you weren't exactly jumping to do it again.
You open your eyes slowly, squinting distrustfully at the floor before letting go of all the tension in your body the second you see you're stood on planet earth again.

You look up at Keigo, moving away from him.
He doesn't try to keep you close, letting go of you immediately, raising his hands in a faux show of surrender.

"Here we are, kid!" He says, turning his attention to the, admittedly huge, house behind him.

His fists rest either side of waist, his head tilting back to look up at the building. He murmurs: "Home sweet home."
But the way he says it doesn't match the enthusiasm of how he'd spoken to you before.
You try not to think too much of it. From what you could gather, they'd just upped and moved him from where he'd been previously. You could imagine that'd be annoying. A whole new place, and you have to unpack and learn the house all over again.
After all, that's essentially what you'd had to do when your home had been crushed, except they'd barely been able to scrape together one box of your belongings together from the ruins of your apartment, so you hadn't really needed to 'unpack'.

He tilts his head to look at you. "Wanna go in?"

You shrug. You were going to have to anyway, so it was kind of a pointless question.
He gives one singular 'ha', the sound not at all genuine, and way more breathy than a proper laugh. You'd heard it before, from your therapist. It was the sound of someone that wasn't impressed by the fact all you would give is nods and shakes of the head, as well as small shrugs of the shoulders.
He was getting sick of you already. It hadn't even been an hour.

You try to tell yourself not to care. It didn't matter. You'd just go back to the home if he decided he didn't want you. That was fine. He hadn't exactly looked thrilled when Rai had told him they'd filled out the adoption papers for him anyway.
Because, realistically, who would want a fourteen year old that was too emotionally drained to even talk?
This was Hawks. An up-and-coming pro hero who was known for his bubbly personality, who's ratings went up miles by the second. Having a sullen teenager by his side wasn't going to do him any good.

You can't help but snort when he lifts a flowerpot by the door, picking up two sets of keys from underneath it.
The sound surprises even you, and Keigo's body freezes before he turns to look at you, his golden eyes wider than usual.
The shock only graces his features for a second before it's replaced with a lopsided grin as he holds the key up.

"Safe hiding place, huh?"  He asks, his voice rich with sarcasm.

You nod in amusement, catching the set of keys that Keigo launches at you.
You weren't exactly the most knowledgeable about the Commission, but you knew enough to know that they probably shouldn't be hiding the keys of their heroes under pots, the most cliche place that thieves would look.

You look up at the building as Keigo unlocks the door. You can't believe they just give him a house for being a hero. Especially when you'd seen your parents struggle just to keep your old home going.
You try not to feel sour about it as Keigo holds the door open for you, making a show of signaling you to go in first.

"Ladies first!" He announces cheerfully, closing his eyes as he grins widely at you.

You shrug, not that he can see it, approaching the house and standing in its huge open plan downstairs area. It's already fully furnished, a huge flat screen TV on the wall, with massive 'L' shaped sofas pressed together to allow for at least ten people to sit down. The glass coffee table even had coasters on it.