3 - Boxing Match!

Katsuki comes back inside from watering the plants, finished with his other chores for today. He thinks about what he's going to do with the rest of his time until Deku comes back to take them out to dinner. 

The nerd had insisted, grinning ear to ear, that Katsuki deserved a break from cooking and that they should go out. Now with nothing else to do, he can just relax until then. He plops down on the couch, ready to play some video games. 

That is until, his eyes catch something at the patio door. He turns his head and stares at the thing, surprised and confused. An orange cat is staring back at him, yellow eyes big and wide. 

"What the hell?" 

How a random ass cat got inside of the house is beyond him, and he gets up, slowly going towards the small animal. It doesn't look like it has any diseases or anything, but he can't be too fucking careful. He takes one more step only for the cat to bolt, running down the hall. 

"Where the hell do you think you're going?!" 

He chases after it, only to watch it scurry under his and Deku's bed. He drops to the ground and expects to see the cat huddled in a corner, only to be met with a paw to the face. 

'You wanna go, human?!' 

He recoils, hissing in pain as the cat bolts out again, silent except for the sound of its hurried footsteps. The little- He grits his teeth and chases after it, trying not to bump into any of the walls in his haste. 

Still, every time he gets close, the cat hits his face with a paw and runs off, only to start the chase over again. Katsuki Bakugou isn't going to get bested by a stupid cat! He's getting that thing out of his damn house if it's the last thing he does! 

Eventually, the chasing ends up making a mess, Katsuki having to stop and clean it up before he can track down the cat again. Maybe one of them left the door open and it got in? Whatever the reason, now this cat is starting to seriously piss him off! 

Katsuki sees the bushy orange tail and runs after it, only for it to disappear after he turns the corner.

 'Ah! That was close! What an annoying human!' 

He doesn't know what time it is when he finally gets too tired to chase after the damn thing and clean up while, panting on the ground. The sun is setting, painting the sky orange and yellow. He is staring at the ceiling, planning of ways to get that fucking cat when there is a knock on the door. 

He gets up slowly before opening the door, looking at the person. 

"Hi kacchan! Are you ready for our date?" 

Deku beams at him, ready to go as usual. He gets one look at Katsuki's drained expression and furrows his brow in worry.

 "Do you want to stay home instead? We can watch that new T.V show you were talking about!"

 Katsuki nods and looks behind his husband to see an orange tail disappearing behind the white fence. 

God damnit.