Running my hand through my apron, I took the notebook and walked over to table four. The person I saw made me to slightly move
back. What is he doing here?

He was busy typing away in his laptop, with books scattered all over the table. His muscles flexed every time he typed a word.

Catching my breath, I approached him and stood in front of his table.

" You inquired for my services. What can I do for you sir?" I said nonchantly.

He slightly raised his face, his mesmerizing black eyes coming into contact with mine and smiled warmly.

" Good afternoon to you too Camila. I've been great by the way. I slept very well last night. In fact, I slept like a baby." He beamed.

I rolled my eyes and held on the notebook in one hand and used the other one to pass him the menu.

" Someone's really in a bad mood this early afternoon. Let me guess, boyfriend trouble again?" He asked, a wicked grin on his face.

" Luca. I'm kinda busy and don't have time for small chat. Could you just order up and I'll be on my way to get you what you want."

" Someone's on their period." He murmured silently in a way that only us two could hear.

I sent him a deadly glare but he just chuckled and ran his eyes through the menu.

I took my time to scrutinize the books that were scattered on the table. Mainly, they were of drawings. One had a drawing of the a magnificent house that looked to good to be on paper, the other one had the drawings of a beautiful sunset disappearing at the edge of the ocean.

" You drew this?" I asked.

" Curious?" He raised a brow and stared up at me.

" No. Have you finished checking out the menu?" He only chuckled and shook his head.

" I'll have anything you think I would like."

" But I don't even know what you like. What if you are allergic to it?"

" Well, I'll tell you then."

I groaned loudly, making an old woman in table five to send me a curious look. I forced a smile and took the menu from Luca and strolled back to the kitchen.

" One cup of Espresso." I said through the counter. I waited patiently for it to be made as I stared at where Luca was working. He was scribbling something in his book and seemed to be in deep thoughts. He looked so peaceful and was unaware of the world around him. Suddenly, his eyes caught mine and a broad smile formed on his face. I averted my eyes from his and faced the counter. I swear I could feel his eyes burning on my back.

"Thank you." I said to the barista and walked over to where he was.

" Could you stop that. " I groaned once I reached his table.

" Stop what?"

" Staring. It's making me uncomfortable." I replied placing down the Espresso.

His smile widden and a spark lit up his eyes as he looked at me.

" You got me my favourite." What?

"Really?"

"Mmmmmh. It's even tastier than the ones I have in other restaurants." He said, closing his eyes in satisfaction.

"It's my favourite too. Especially in the morning." A smile formed on my face for the first time today.

" Kidding?"

I shook my head and folded my arms across my chest as he continued savouring the taste.

" Soooooo, you a painter or something?" I asked looking at the books.

"I thought you were not curious." He said placing his palms under his chin.

"Don't use my words against me." I scoofed.

He only chuckled and faked a surrender.

" Okay ma'am. I work at the Herla gallery. I paint or draw and they are portrayed at the gallery for potential buyers."

"Surprised?" He noticed my stricken face.

" Totally. A biker and still this? Isn't it hard to keep up both?"

A sense of pride took over him.

" Ever heard of one can't serve two masters baby? Turns out my mind is so extra ordinary that not only can it serve two masters, but also several."

Baby? Jeeez.

"Cool." Cool?

"Cool?"he asked, an eyebrow raised.

" Yeah. It's cool. I mean you are accomplishing your dream."

He only shrugged.Did I strike a nerve? He seemed distant as he started typing on his laptop. What I said bothered him.

" I gotta get back to work." I said, sensing my presence isn't needed anymore .

Luca didn't say anything but just nodded his head. His mind wrapped up in whatever he is doing.

When I returned to the counter, Reina came to me, worry reading on her face.

" What's wrong?" I asked, searching her eyes.

" The manager requests for your presence in his office." She says. What?

" How long was that exactly?" I asked.

" Two minutes ago? I don't actually know Camila. The expression he held scared the shit out of me. I'm scared for you." I could see the honesty in her eyes as she stared back at me.

" Don't be. Maybe something positive will come out of this." I assured.

" Just go. Don't give me the positive vibes right now." She said, rolling her eyes.

She walked behind the bars as I straighten my uniform, letting out a big sigh. As I was about to walk away, I caught Luca looking at me, concern written all over his face. He was now standing and walking towards me when I quickly paced towards the manager's office before he could catch up.