#2

"Apologies, not sorry for my conceited aura," you uttered through clenched teeth, shooting a disdainful look at the guy who had earlier doused you in alcohol.

"What the heck?" he shouted, his gaze darkening, leaving you feeling exposed under the intensity of his eyes. Yet, you, Kim Y/n, refused to let him gain the upper hand.

"Shut the heck up!" you retorted sharply, both parties frozen in the tense exchange.

Soo Min joined, bewildered. "What's going on?"

"Taehyung? Y/n? Why are you shouting at him?" She asked in disbelief.

"This guy spilled beer on me for some stupid dare." You spoke gazing at him as sharply as you could.

"That was just a joke." Taehyung spoke without any hesitation.

"Taehyung! Why would you do such things? That too, to my best friend, huh? Are you a ten year old?" Soo Min scolded.

"Soo Min, she seemed boring and cold to us. Jae Yuk dared me to bring out an emotion on her face. That's it. Not a big deal, right?" He smirked.

This guy had the guts to get on your nerves. You were pretty confused. A part of you knew it's not a big deal. All the stupid guys do these things. But another part of you was extremely furious.

"Never mind. It's all right, Soo Min." You spoke after making a wise judgement according to your inner self.

"Really? I don't think it is so, Miss Y/n, is it?" He mocked making you further pissed off but you knew he was doing this to get a reaction out of you. You forced a smile making him smirk at you.

"I'll be leaving Soo Min. I've errands to run. Congratulations! Have a happy married life." You turned to Soo Min and wished her. She smiled in relief. With that, you walked away and headed to your car.

Driving home, you played calming music, seeking solace in a warm shower.

Exhausted, you emerged, donned loose clothes, and tried to put the incident behind you."He doesn't deserve your energy," you reassured yourself before drifting into a restless sleep.

NEXT MORNING

"Good Morn-" Jeong Min was about to complete his sentence when your stare threatened to burn him alive.

"Ahm- We have conducted the interviews ma'am. We have selected two persons as the new Department Heads for the two most significant departments of our company: Public Relations and Human Resources." He jumped straight to the point.

"Alright. I'd like to meet the two at 1pm today." You told.

"Ma'am, what about their contracts?" He asked.

"Go with the five-year based contracts. Renew them based on their performance." You replied.

"Five years?" He asked.

"What's wrong with that? We can't select new heads every year. We need to be consistent in order to get good results." You spoke.

"Okay ma'am. I'll prepare the contracts and get them signed by 1pm." He told and you nodded.

"You may leave now." You spoke continuing to work on your laptop. He left immediately.

1PM

You reached the Conference room at 1pm and saw two guys sitting, with their focus entirely on the presentation samples being played on the screen. You fake coughed to grab their attention.

Both of them turned around to look at you. One guy was fine but the other one made you freeze on your spot, Mr. Alcohol Spiller from yesterday! Your face was emotionless however, panic was clearly visible on his face.

'Is he going to be here for the next five years?' You thought to yourself.

''Good afternoon ma'am. I am Lee Jun, the Head of PR Department.'' He introduced and you nodded.

''Good Afternoon. I am Kim Taehyung, the Head of HR Department.''

''Good Afternoon. I assume both of you are very much capable to be able to get this post in our company. Prepare yourself. You're going to have to work hard." You said taking a seat but both of them kept standing there.

"Now please pay attention to what I'm about to say:

1) Foster increased collaboration between the PR and HR departments to ensure seamless communication and a unified organizational image.

2)Develop and implement innovative employee engagement strategies to enhance workplace satisfaction and productivity.

3)Develop comprehensive crisis management plans to address potential PR challenges and collaborate closely with HR for swift response and employee support.

4)Collaborate on talent development initiatives, identifying key skills required for the future and implementing training programs accordingly.

I need a report on progress of all the things I've mentioned by tomorrow." You instructed and as expected, both of them widened their eyes.

"Ma'am, we just arrived today. How's it possible to report you tomorrow?" Jun spoke.

"Everything is possible. This is your first task as the Heads of your respective departments. Show me what you've got." You told and Taehyung left a snort.

"May I please know what's there to snort about?" You asked looking straight into his eyes.

"Nothing ma'am. You'll receive the reports tomorrow." He replied looking at you with a raging glare. He was pissed obviously.

"Good. I'll leave, then." With that, you walked out of the conference room.

"Our boss is a psycho, Taehyung. What did I do to deserve this?" Jun rolled his eyes.

"No, she's just a bit different." He murmured and Jun gave him a questioning look.

"I mean for sure, she's a psycho. But we have to work, right? It's our job." He added.

"Okay, let's head back and get started." Jun said and Taehyung nodded in agreement.

You attended all the meetings scheduled for the day and ended the day on a very tired note.

TO BE CONTINUED...