♡Chapter 11♡

When I finally finish walking Daisy and cleaning my apartment, my phone rings. It's Jules.

"Hi Julsies! What's up?"
""Oh my God, you're never gonna believe what happend to me last night!"
"Good or bad?"
"Fantastic!"
"Stop right there! Come over I'll have the snacks ready!"
"I love you."
"Tissues needed?"
"Nooo!"
"All right now I can't wait."
"See you in 15."
"Ahhh I can't wait!"
"Byeee!"
"Byeee!"

I look around my apartment and walk to the kitchen. I open some cabinets, but there's nothing there to discuss stuff like this over. Quick trip to the store then, I think to myself.
Luckily for me the store is literally next to my apartment. What should I buy? "Oh definitely chocolate." I mumble to myself. I take my favorite flavour and put it in the basket. Some Pringles and, not to forget, some wine. Just as I'm picking out the wine I think suits best for this moment, I hear a low chuckle behind me. "Are you going on a date or what?" Chase whispers in my ear as he pulls me closer to him by grabbing my waist. I smile. "No, Jules has something to tell me, and this is just standard procedure." I feel him grin, as he puts his lips on my neck. "Hm? What do you think she has to tell you?" "I don't know." I say as I turn my head a bit to look at him.
He starts kissing my neck, and I let out a soft moan. "Chase. We're in public." "So? You're mine, and mine only. Can't I show that to people?" He elegantly turns me around and crashes his lips into mine. I smile as I kiss him back. "I. Really. Have. To. Go." I say in-between kisses. He slowly pulls away. "I asked Hoppo, next week Friday we can go see the sunset."
"Shouldn't you be at the beach right now?" I ask him while we're walking to the self check out. "No, I start when you do." "Which is in," I say as I check the time. "2 hours." He nods. "We could do a quick round." He says winking. I feel my cheeks getting bright red. "I told you, Jules has to tell me something really important." "Jules is more important than me?" He asks pretending to be heartbroken. "Well, if I had to chose between 'a quick round' or the tea of the century, I'll chose the tea of the century. Sorry love." I give him a kiss on his cheek. "I will talk to you later okay? But I really have to go home now." He smiles. "Yeah I know. Go get that tea of the century and tell me." "Nah dude, I thought I would keep it to myself. Well I will if she doesn't give me permission." He nods approvingly. "Jesse told me he had something really important to tell me to by the way." I stop in my tracks, and turn around ultra fast. We make eye contact and we both know. We both shut up and run into 2 opposite directions.
Just as I finish setting everything down, the bell rings and I almost run to the door. "Jules!" "Hi love! I need to tell you before I explode." "Come in!"
"What happend?"
"Well, we were dancing, but then you disappeared, then you reappeared and disappeared again. You have to tell me in detail what happend. But anyways, so I was dancing alone, and I accidentally bump into Jesse. Nothing unusual, but we make this very intense eye contact and..."
"AND WHAT?"
"HE KISSED ME! It was like so magical. And then we started talking even more, and into more detail. And he's cute, oh my God. To the point where I'm literally melting. Then he took me to his place, and you know."
She says blushing hard.
"No. Way!" "Yes way!" "That's so great! You guys make the perfect couple!" "I know right?!"
"Now you do have to tell me, what exactly happend between you and Chase last night?"
I tell her the whole story, not missing one detail, and of course what happen this morning.
Her mouth drops open, as she screams in excitement. "He's so romantic, yet so protective." "He's just so sexy." I exclaim throwing my hands into the air.

The next few days are amazing. At the beach me and Chase look like we hate eachother, but the actions in our bedrooms say differently.
[Its Wednesday] Aswe're making out on his bed, I grab his arms to guide them, when he flinches. I immediately stop. "I'm sorry." I quietly say. "I didn't mean to hurt you." He smiles. "Don't worry, you didn't. I did." He says with a cocky grin. But I'm not smiling. "Can I see?" I carefully ask. He shrugs and lifts up his sleeves. My hands fly to my mouth. "My beautiful boy. Why? Why would you do this to yourself?" He shrugs again. Tears begin to form in my eyes. "No, love, no. Don't cry about me." I look him in the eyes. "You didn't answer my question." I firmly say, demanding an answer. "I-I... I don't know. I just do. I really wanna stop, but I can't." I carefully take his hands in mine. "Yes. Yes you can, and I'll help you. Whenever you want, you just come to me." I say embracing him, and pressing kisses on top of his head.
He slowly pulls away, and takes out a notebook. "Since you know this, you might also want to read this." I open the notebook, and start sobbing uncontrollably. They all started with Dear and then a name. I read through all the letter he wrote, secretly wishing there was one for me. He puts an arm around me. "Were... were you really... gonna use them?" He takes a deep breath, and looks me in the eyes. Then he slowly nods. "No... my love, my beautiful boy, my soulmate. Why? I don't understand. You're the most perfect person ever." Tears start to form in his eyes as well. He opens his mouth, as if he's trying to say something, but nothing comes out.
As I read the last letter, he finally speaks up. "I just... u don't know, I feel like I don't belong here, and that I'm just a burden to everyone. And also I treated you terribly all those years, and all of a sudden you forgive me for all those horrible things I did to you. Something isn't right." I immediately close the notebook. "Excuse me?" "I mean something isn't right. You forgive me, in just one week, for those years I've treated you horribly? That's quite odd." I slam the notebook onto his bed. "So you're calling me a liar?" "What? No that's not what I said." "But that is exactly what you mean."
It's quiet for a couple of minutes. "Well I mean... you don't think it's odd?" "NO BECAUSE I WOUL'VE BEEN THERE FOR YOU, AND YOU KNOW THAT! NOW I LITERALLY TOLD YOU I WOULD BE THERE FOR YOU NO MATTER WHAT! AND WHAT DO I GET IN RETURN? YOU CALLING ME A FUCKING LIAR!" I yelled as I stand up.
"IF YOU WEREN'T SO FUCKING SELFISH ALL THE TIME, YOU WOULD'VE SEEN THAT I STRUGGLED WITH SHIT!" He yells back.
"SELFISH?! YOU'RE THE KNE WHO BULLIED ME! YOU'RE THE REASON I HAD NO FRIENDS! YOU'RE THE REASON TABITHA DIED!" I scream my voice breaking mid sentence.
He looks at me. "She... she died?" Angry tears stain my cheeks. "Yes. And you know why? Because you bullied her even worse than me, and she tried to commit suicide! She finally got over it, when you pushed her off the stairs. She broke her neck..."
"I killed someone?" I just look at my feet and nod. "She was my best friend. YOU KILLED MY BEST FRIEND! I FORGAVE YOU! I GAVE YOU A SECOND CHANCE! BUT YOU'RE CALLING ME A LIAR FOR THAT?! I'm out of here. And if you come after me, I'll tell them. I'll tell them how horribly you've treated me." "Are you blackmailing me?" "No. I'm just protecting you and myself."
With those words I left.

[It's Thursday] I'm walking down the beach when all of a sudden someone calls out my name. It's Jules. "Moana! Hey we were wondering if you want to compete with us." I look at her with a grin on my face, hiding the sadness from yesterday.
I laid in bed all night crying, cursing and throwing stuff around my room, wondering how I could've been so stupid.
"What kind of competition?" "We're gonna count as much gingers as possible, and then the one with the most ones wins." I chuckle and shake my head. "Nah, sorry love. There's a very important surf competition comming up and I have to practice." "Ugh fine. Good luck!" She says as she walks away.