♡Chapter 5♡

As I'm sitting on the back of the buggy, I can see that the girl isn't back yet. I'm hoping and praying that she'll be alright.
Please, let her be alright. Take me instead, please. I keep on repeating in my head. It has now been 4 minutes since she was pulled out of the water, and pronounced clinically dead. I see Chase pacing up and down, head in his hands. All I want to do, is run up to him and give him a tight hug, and maybe even a kiss. But I can't. I feel dizzy and have the urge to throw up. 2 signs of secondary drowning. I should tell Chase, but he has too much going on right now. I can wait, she can't.
"Now shocking. Please do not touch the patient." The device says. I see the girl getting shocked. And finally after 5 minutes, the girl is back. As they're handling her, and turning her on her side so she can throw up all the water she swallowed, I throw up as well. Jules runs up to me. "Moana? Are you alright?" She asks worried. I nod. "Yeah, just a bit dizzy. That's all." "You want to get checked out?" "Nah, I'll be fine." "Sure?" I nod as I stand up to check up on the girl. I look over Jethro's shoulder. I see her looking around confused. "What happend?" She asks looking at Harrison. "You drowned." He says without sugarcoating it. The girl's eyes widen. "I... died..?" "Well kinda. You were clinically dead for 5 minutes." She nods, with her eyes still widend in shock. She looks up at Chase, with a look I very well recognize. She's flirting with him. Nuh uh, you bitch. I saved you, and if you try to steal my man, I will throw you back into the rip.
"So I assume," She says blinking like a thousand times. "That you're the handsome lifeguard that saved me. Let me buy you a drink as a thank you." As I'm about to say something about it, Chase already speaks up. "I would love to, but I still have to work, so I can't drink alcohol. Plus, I'm not even the one who saved you." The girl looks confused. "You then?" She asks winking at Yethro. "Yeah, nah, sorry. I've got a girlfriend and I have to work as well." She rolls her eyes, as she turns back to Chase. "So you did save me. 1 drink is still good. Come on, be alive." He stares at her blankly. Then shakes his head. "Nope. And for the second time, I just brought you back to shore. You sank, and she," he says while pointing at me. "Saved you." The girl eyes me up and down, and then scoffs. "Yeah right. You just think I'm ugly, and need an excuse." She says while sniffling. "It's fine. Everybody thinks I'm ugly." At this moment I can't hold myself anymore. "You know what? Yes you are ugly. I should've let your bitch ass drown in the fucking ocean, so nobody would've ever find you." It's silent. All the people around us. The paramedics, who arrived 2 minutes ago. The lifeguards. Chase looks at me with an open mouth. "I'm sorry." I mumble.
Then all of a sudden, the people around us start clapping. The paramedics start clapping and the lifeguards. I look around confused, and so does the girl. "You tell her girl!" A random woman shouts. Jesse whispers in my ear: "This bitch was a pain in the ass to everybody. Good job." I laugh. "Well, let's get her into the ambo, shall we." One of the paramedics says. And there she goes. The pick me bitch I 'accidentally' put in her place.
"Will you excuse me for a moment?" I ask running back to the buggy to throw up in a bucket that was meant for that. "Oh no." Jesse says as he holds my hair up. "What's wrong? Did you swallow too much water?" He asks worried. I try to catch my breath, but I throw up again. "Hoppo! I think we need another ambo." He shouts at Hoppo. I shake my head no. "No. It took me about 5 minutes to get back to shore, 5 minutes of resuscitation and now 5 minutes since she's woken up. That's about 15 minutes, and after 15 minutes the chance of secondary drowning is much lower." Jesse nods. "You've done your research haven't you?" I shrug. "Just in case." He laughs. "What I do want you to do, is come with me to the tower, so I can keep checking up on you so you don't die." "Sounds like a pla-" My sentence is cut of by more vomit. "Oh boy." I hear Jesse sigh. "What is it?" He comes close to my ear and whispers: "Look, not too obvious, to your left. You will see a pissed off Chase." I carefully look to my left, but theres no pissed of Chase. Chase isn't even there. "I don't see him." I whisper back. "Oh I must be a bit delusional then." He says smirking. "I have a question for you. Would you like to sing a duet with me tonight?" He asks, his eyes full of hope. I smile at him. Jesse is actually pretty cute. I mean his tatoos are... interesting, but they probably have a good backstory. "Sure." I say turning around. "What song?" "Well, I was thinking..." He says while fiddling with his hands. He looks at me, and we have an extremely romantic moment where we drown into eachothers eyes. I grab his hands, and squeeze then sofly. "You don't have to be nervous when asking me something. I already said yes." He takes a deep breath. "I was thinking: Until I found you, by Stephen Sanchez and Em Beihold." I gasp. "Yes! I love that song, and I've been dying to sing it with someone."
"Well stop dying. Because we can't sing if you're dead, stupid." "Oh I'm sorry Jesse. I'll stop dying." We try to stay serious, but burst out laughing.
"Moana." I hear Chase calling my name. "2 seconds Jesse, I'll be right back." I walk towards Chase. "What do you want?" "Geez, no need to be so aggressive. I just wanted to ask if you can explain once more how to get over these waves." I look at him jn disbelief. We've just spent 5 fucking hours on this. "So you have been doing nothing, in these 5 hours reserved for you to learn this?" "Well, I mean I've tried but as you know it didn't go according to plan." My mind goes back to the moment where I saw all the bruises on his perfect abs, a d his beautiful face. Both features still hidden under bandages. And the moment when he picked me up by the waist. I roll my eyes. "Tomorrow alright?" "Sure but then Jesse has to be a waterlifeguard, and I'll be in the tower." "Why?" "Because if I can't or barely handle these waves, it's better for me if I just stay in the tower." "Fine." I say, rolling my eyes once more.
Instead of Jesse and me, it had to be Chase and me. How delightful. He's probably gonna be super nice.
I walk back to Jesse. "I have bad news." I say looking him in the eyes. "Oh oh. What is it?" "You can't be in the tower, as Chase will take over that position." "No! Why?" "Trust me, if I knew, I would change it." He sighs. "Well, I guess we don't have rehearsals." I laugh. "We don't need them. We're very talented."
"Well, I guess I have to go." He says sad. "Don't do that. It'll be for a bit, and then tonight we see eachtoher again." "Can't wait." He says, giving me a hug.