𝒙𝒍𝒊𝒙. lesson learned

CHAPTER FORTY-NINE: LESSON LEARNED !

━━━━━━

         IT HAD BEEN JUST A FEW WEEKS AND NO ONE HEARD ANYTHING FROM JAMES WILLOWS. Casey and Isaac tried calling him numerous times but each time they tried, there was no answer and his voicemail box ended up getting full.

          Eventually, Casey gave up and she said it didn't bother her that he wasn't answering but Spencer knew better. It had to have been bothering Casey to her core. But he chose to leave it alone until she was ready to talk to him.

          Instead, Casey dug herself into working, paperwork days and cases just so she could push away what she was truly feeling. The team had actually just gotten back from finishing up a case in Duluth, Minnesota.

          Things went well and they saved who they needed to save. But everyone noticed just how quiet Casey was the entire time. She was quiet the entire jet ride home and pretty much kept to herself the entire case.

           Everyone did their paperwork as soon as they got back to the BAU and of course, Casey was in her office, filing away. But the filing was interrupted when there was a knock at her door and she looks up to see her best friend, Erik, at the door.

          "Hey." Casey greets, giving the man a small smile. "Hey," Erik said. "You finishing up here?" He walks into the office and Casey skims through what she has to go through before she looks back at Erik. "Yeah. What's up?"

           Erik shrugs, "Just checking on how you're doing, that's all." Casey looks at the man suspiciously and furrows her brows. Erik wouldn't be checking on her unless —"Spencer told you, didn't he?"

Erik furrows his brows, as if he's confused. "About my dad." Casey clarified and Erik sighs, knowing there's no point in lying to Casey Willows. "He may have mentioned it."

Yes, Spencer had confided in Erik about the situation with Casey's dad, mostly because Erik was Casey's friend from her childhood and knew almost everything with what happened with her dad. Spencer thought that maybe a pep talk with a friend would help. He figured maybe she'd need it.

Casey looks up at Erik and gives him a small smile. "I'm fine." She said. Erik raises a brow. "You sure?"

Casey takes a breath as she closes her eyes and runs a hand through her hair. "No," she admits. "But I will be. I'm managing." She admits and Erik looks at the woman as he sits on her desk and looks at her as she's in thought.