𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒙. vigilante

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE: VIGILANTE !

⚠️ trigger warning for kidnapping, torture of electroshock and cutting, may not be suitable for everyone!

━━━━━━

THE COURTHOUSE
QUANTICO, VIRGINIA
HOUR 01. JENNIFER JAREAU

"Case Number 5737. The State VS. Cassandra D. Willows. Present the case." The judge speaks then, "First witness up to the stand."

          Jennifer Jareau is the first to step up. She swears to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. They proceed as they begin the case and a lawyer stands in front of the entire jury.

         "Agent Jareau, you currently respond to acting unit chief, Agent Willows, correct?" The lawyer questions and JJ nods, "Along with Consecutive Unit Chief Emily Prentiss, sir."

         The lawyer starts, "You've known Agent Willows nearly her entire life, correct?" JJ nods, "Since she was a teenager."

        "Have you ever known to Agent Willows to be reckless in her position as unit chief?" The lawyer asks and JJ admits, "No, I have not known Agent Willows to be reckless in her position as unit chief... at least until recently."

        "But her as an agent is a different story." The lawyer tells. "Objection, relevance." Casey's lawyer speaks up next. "Are you going somewhere with this, Mr. Duvall?" The judge questions the lawyer. Duvall nods, "Yes, your honor."

         JJ then nods, "Yes, there have been a few times where Agent Willows has been... reckless but there are good reasons for that—"

         "Good reasons?" Duvall questions with a scoff in his voice. "Over the years, Agent Willows has jeopardized her part on this team multiple times. Back in 2008, she had chased a suspect down, shooting at him as an agent in training, who shouldn't have even been in the field. In 2010, she walked into a hostage situation without a Kevlar vest on and just last year, Director Linda Barnes fired her for professional misconduct. The list can go on."

          JJ remains calm. She knows these lawyers are just trying to do their job, like they were but it was hard to bite her tongue at a time like this. So, she spoke carefully.

         "Casey Willows has always had her reasonings for doing the things she's done. Were some of them questionable? Sure. But if we're reiterating back to how she was as an intern versus how she is as unit chief, you've got a long list here but we should be focusing on her current situation rather than her past situations. Your honor." She speaks respectfully.