𝒙𝒍𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. a father's daughter

CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT: A FATHER'S DAUGHTER !

━━━━━━

          AS FAR AS CASEY WILLOWS WAS CONCERNED, LIFE WAS GOING REALLY GOOD. Almost too good, she suspected. She had no idea why, she just felt like things were almost just too good to be true.

It was a normal day at the office, no case so it was just a paperwork day for everyone. Casey had been doing more paperwork than probably anyone, which was normal for the unit chief, when she suddenly heard a knock on her door.

Casey looked up and saw her fiancé standing at her doorway, with a tight-lipped smile and holding a bag of Chinese takeout. "Hello, my husband-to-be." Casey greeted with a small smile on her face.

"Hello, wife-to-be," Spencer greeted back with a smile forming on his face. "I brought us takeout. You available?" He asks and Casey nods, "For you, yes."

So, Spencer walked in the office and sat in the seat in front of Casey's desk. He opens up the carton for Casey as she begins to talk to him. "So, I've been doing a little wedding planning, let's talk budget."

"Rossi said he doesn't mind paying for the thing," Spencer told. "Even though we've tried to tell him multiple times he doesn't have to, he offers anyways." Casey shrugged, "Yeah, well, my dad wants to. He at least wants to chip in for catering."

Spencer furrows his brows. "Since when does he have a job?" He questions. Casey takes a pause, she actually didn't even think about it until now. Usually, she took care of his rent and chipped in on the electric bill. "I actually don't know," She says. "I haven't talked to him in a little while one on one. But he does wanna help. And I think a father should at least chip in to his daughter's wedding as well as walking her down the aisle."

Casey then nods over at Spencer. "And since your mother's doing better, I'm think you two should have a mother-son dance while I have my father-daughter dance." Spencer smiles as he thinks about the idea. "I think that's a good idea."

            Casey smiles as she looks at her food and begins to eat. "Morgan, Hotch and Vivian already RSVP'd, even Kate did. I felt like I haven't seen her in forever." Spencer looks at his fiancée carefully. "You know, the wedding's not for another few months. Rossi and Garcia said that they'd take care of everything for us so you don't have to stress while you're working."

            Since Casey had been busy with "unit chief" stuff most of the time and also with being a mom, Rossi and Garcia offered to take care of everything regarding the wedding for the couple so they wouldn't have to stress about it as much.