𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. crossfire

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT: CROSSFIRE !

━━━━━━

IT'D BEEN A WEEK SINCE WHAT HAPPENED TO LEAH. Today was the day of her funeral and to be honest, no one wanted to face the day. Casey, especially.

The young woman found herself, still in bed just an hour before they had to leave for the funeral. She hadn't even gotten dressed yet. This was a normal occurrence. Casey didn't bother getting out of bed for a couple of days after today. No one even heard her utter a single word.

But the team was here and they were Casey's biggest supporters in all of this. They helped arrange the funeral so no one in the family had to. The Willows-Ryleighs were too devastated to do anything. And no one blamed them for that. So, the team took matters into their own hands, like they would usually.

As Casey wallowed in bed, she heard a quiet knock on the door, paired with JJ's voice at the end of it. "Casey?" She called. "We're almost ready to go."

There had been no answer from Casey. Instead, the woman stood up in her bed and decided to slowly get ready like a sloth.

JJ sighs sadly. "Well, come down when you're ready. We'll be here for you. No matter what." As she headed towards the stairs, she noticed Will walking towards her. "Can I get you anything, honey?" He asks and JJ shakes her head, "Ah, no, I'm okay."

"Are you sure?" Will asks and JJ sighs, "I just... I know what Casey's going through. When I lost my sister, I didn't talk to anyone. And she's isolating herself just like I did and I don't know—" JJ knew what it was like to lose a sister like Casey had. And the fact that JJ found Leah brought her back to when she found her sister in the bathtub. She knew what Casey was going through and just wanted to be there for her as much as she could.

Will gives JJ a sympathetic hug and JJ tears up a bit. "Leah was so young. She was gonna get married and—" Will nods, "I know."

Erik cokes up from downstairs and he finds JJ and Will. "She okay?" He asks. JJ shakes her head, "I have no clue." Erik nodded at the woman, "I'm gonna see if I can talk to her." With that, Erik walked towards her door and JJ nods, "Good luck."

            Meanwhile, everyone downstairs had been preparing for the funeral. Spencer had dressed Christopher in a suit, Rossi and Emily were chatting as Garcia was busy taking care of everyone.

           "Can I get anything for you, James?" Garcia asked as James somberly held his head down as he looked at a framed photo of all three of his children recently. "I'm okay, thank you." James told the woman.