𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒗. misunderstood

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE: MISUNDERSTOOD !

━━━━━━

          CASEY WILLOWS WAS NOTORIOUS FOR GOING ALL OUT ON HER SON'S BIRTHDAY. Today they were having his birthday party. That's right, Christopher Reid was turning six today.

           There were currently at least ten screaming six-year-olds, chasing each other with wooden swords and jumping around in the bouncy house Casey had in the backyard. The team had been there, as well, helping Casey out. As well as the children's parents, conversing with one another.

           Christopher had requested burgers and hot dogs for his birthday so Matt, Luke, Marco and Rossi were currently barbecuing outside. Christopher wanted a magician so his dad came in clutch with that. He wanted a Spider-Man cake and that's exactly what his mother ordered. JJ, Tara, Erik and Emily were currently organizing the snack table as Garcia was currently at the bounce house, playing fairy godmother and ushering Luke to join her — to which he had given in.

           Casey had come back outside with a bowl of potato chips, checking in with a few parents and dodging a few kids as she headed to the table outside towards her team members. "Alrighty. Balloons are blown up, the cake is ready in the kitchen and I feel like I'm missing something." Casey looks around.

         "To rest," JJ tells, scooting over on the bench for the young mother to sit. "Sit. You put on a great party for Christopher. You deserve just a little bit of rest."

Casey sighs, "I know. I just want everything to be perfect for Christopher's birthday."
"He's six years old. You have plenty more birthdays to make perfect." Tara assures and Casey shrugs, "I guess you're right."

The woman then looks up at her male coworker. "Hey, Erik? Are Mandy and Emma gonna make an appearance at any point today?" Casey wonders and Erik nods, checking his watch. "Yeah, they should be—"

"Daddy!" A young girl with blonde curls and a tutu exclaims from behind Erik and everyone turns their attention to the girl and the woman with the matching blonde hair behind the young girl.

Erik gets on a knee to kneel to the girl's level. "Hey, pumpkin!" He exclaims.

"I didn't know Erik was a dad." Emily tells Casey and she nods, "Yeah, him and his wife are divorced, he doesn't like talking about it as much. I'm gonna go say hi."

Casey stands up from her seat and gets the attention of the older woman with the girl. "Mandy!" Casey calls and the woman turns to Casey and she smiles, "Casey!" They greet each other with a hug.