Season 1 Episode 14: Experimentation

Date: January 10th 2018

Location: Desbine City | Warehouse

Bryce moaned as his eyes slowly cracked opened. The director's face was pale and signs of malnutrition were plentiful. He sat up, pulling his face away from the cold hard ground and rubbed the back of his head before looking around. His vision was blurry and his head was killing him. In his current state, he couldn't focus on anything. "Well, good to know at least someone survived the transfer." he heard someone state.

Bryce looked around, glancing towards where the voice came from, before spotting what appeared to be a humanoid figure sitting against the wall. Bryce tried to make out what he was seeing but it only made his head pound more. "Don't force it, sir. Your senses will come back to you in time." he heard the figure state. 

"K-Kommis, is...is that you?" Bryce weakly questioned, his lips cracking and his throat dry. "Yes, sir." Kommis responded. "Where...Where are we now?" Bryce questioned, turning to attempt to take in their surroundings.

"You can't see it all that well, but we're in a cage. In fact, a lot of people are right now." Kommis replied, his voice unusually calm given the situation they're in. "How many people?" Bryce asks. Kommis looks out of the cage, using the space between the bars as windows, "This room alone, I count about 24 cages, each carrying between two and four people." he answers.

Bryce rubbed his head, his vision slowly beginning to return to him, allowing him to adjust to the dark environment they were in. He began to hear the low cries and whimpers from the other captives. As Bryce's eyes went from cage to cage, he realized just how many civilians were caught in this mess. 

"Before we were transferred here, we couldn't see all them." Kommis nodded to the other cages, "How do we plan on breakin' out of this mess, Director?" he questioned. Bryce took a final glance around the massive dark room before lowering his gaze to the ground of their cage, "I don't...I'm not sure right now. First we need to make contact with Quell and Williams. After confirming they're still alive we can start making preparations." Bryce explained, resting his tortured hands against the cold ground. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location: Outside Shingek Middle School

Isaac glared at the front of the building, his eyes squinted in disgust as he's reminded of what happened here only a few days prior. Around him, kids keep their distance and they make their way into the school. Isaac clenched his fist before turning to his left, the thought of not going in winning over in his mind.

"I...saac." he heard a voice call out. Was it James? No, the pitch was slightly too high to match. Isaac gave up on guessing who it could be and turned around, spotting the new kid staring at him. "What?" Isaac questioned, his eyes bouncing between the kid's eyepatch and exposed eye.

"Make...up?" Adrien questioned, slightly raising his arms. What the hell was he talking about? Make up...with you? We didn't get into a fight did we? These questions raced through Isaac's head as he attempted to recall the limited encounters between the two of them.

"Wanted...to ask...yesterday...b-but..." Adrien paused, as if he was having a hard time figuring out what to say. "Wait...do you mean Daniel and I?" Isaac questioned, his head slightly tilted. A bright smile fell over Adrien's face and he passionately shook his head up and down, confirming what Isaac had stated.

"Yeah, sure." Isaac nervously lied, before turning to face the building once again. "Nice...having...brother?" Adrien questioned. "Look, I don't...understand, alright? Cya around." Isaac muttered before walking towards the entrance of the school. The truth was, he knew what Adrian was asking, he just didn't wanna answer it in that moment.