Chapter 1: In Which Huma Arrives

Author's Note: While I wrote this story to satiate my desire for retribution to those who caused Can and Sanem so much pain and agony, I also wanted it to appeal equally to Erkenci Kuş lovers and to those who've never watched the show. So, to set the scene and give a bit of background, I have written in the troubles Can and Sanem experienced at the hands of Yigit, Polen and Huma.

If you don't wish to rehash the trauma of Sanem and Can's pain, perhaps you should avoid chapters 1 - 7 & 9 - 13, or give this story a miss altogether.

I do hope you'll push through the pain of the above mentioned chapters as I think I have served just deserts to Huma, Polen and Yigit in a manner befitting their evil crimes.

***

The sun blazed down on the cobblestone streets of Istanbul, casting sharp shadows on the colourful buildings that lined the bustling mahalle. With a soft purr of an engine and squeal of brakes, a sleek black Range Rover pulled to a sudden stop, drawing curious glances from passers-by. The driver's door opened, and out stepped a chauffeur. He went around and opened the back passenger door. A tall woman, like a vision of sophistication and grace from another world, glided out of the car and into the bustling neighbourhood. Her high cheekbones were accentuated by immaculate makeup, her eyes as cold as ice. She wore a silk blouse and a pleated lamé gold skirt, the sharp lines of which seemed to slice through the cool air. A long leather coat with faux fur trimmings hung loosely over her shoulders while her heels clicked against the cobbled stones with purpose.

Every strand of her curly hair was impeccably styled, framing her cold, calculating eyes that seemed to pierce the very souls of those who dared to meet her gaze

"Ugh, this cursed place," she hissed under her breath, venom dripping from her words as she surveyed the charming yet modest neighbourhood with disdain. Pretending to inspect her car she turned to her driver, instructing him to pretend that the car had mysteriously broken down. It was all an elaborate ruse, a calculated plan to observe Sanem's world and meet Mevkibe and Nihat, the young woman's parents.

Her eyes scanned the neighbourhood, taking in the bustling market stalls and children playing in the street. She spotted Sanem's parents' corner shop just a few steps away.

"Aha, there you are," she murmured to herself, her eyes narrowing in determination and her lips curling into a dangerous smirk. With a swish of her jacket, she marched towards the little store with purposeful strides, each click of her stiletto heels resounding like a gunshot.

"Hello, I'm Muzzo. Can I help you?" He asked as he stepped out from his lingerie store and noticed the stranger.

The woman's eyes narrowed as she studied the smiling young man whose shiny black hair was slicked back and gelled, considering whether to dismiss him or give him the time of day. After a few seconds, she reckoned she could use him to her advantage so she explained that her car had broken down. She needed a drink and somewhere to wait while her driver sorted it out. Muzzo offered to take her to the corner shop.