𝗴𝗮𝗵𝘆𝗲𝗼𝗻 | no matter what

Reader Is: Neutral Age (Non-DC AU)
Categories: Angst, Fluff
Summary: When Gahyeon finds the reader ignoring her, they get into a fight.

You and Gahyeon were incredibly close.

You rarely argued, you talked constantly, you shared everything with each other, and you spent all your free time together.

You supposed that was why it hurt so badly when you fought. And this time, it was your fault.

That didn't help the guilt, and neither did the way that Gahyeon shoved her chair away from the dinner table and stomped away. She had left her half-eaten meal behind and was in the kitchen when you called out to her.

"Gahyeon, wait—"

Hardly as soon as you'd spoken, the front door slammed behind her. It was so loud and forceful that the house shook a bit. You cringed, fully expecting to hear the sound of the glass pane shattering, but there was none. Instead, there was dreadful silence.

You almost would rather have heard the glass, just to hear anything at all.

You knew there was no sense in chasing after Gahyeon, so you continued to sit at the table. It was clear that she needed to be alone. Besides, if you stood up, the chances that you would get sick seemed high.

So instead, you sat in silence, staring blankly at the meal that she had so lovingly prepared as you replayed what had happened in your mind.

"You seem quiet, is everything okay?"

"Oh! Yeah," Gahyeon replied softly, barely looking up, as though she couldn't find it in her to meet your eyes.

"No, it's not." You reached out, cupping her chin in your hand, but she shied away quickly. "What's going on? Did I do something?"

"Well..." Gahyeon sighed, putting down her fork. "I just...saw that you were active, and you weren't replying to me. I don't like being ignored. If you're busy, that's fine! I just...want you to tell me," she said, finally meeting your eyes to give you an apologetic smile.

"Active? I wasn't on my phone," you replied in genuine confusion. Was I? I can't recall being on it, anyway...

Instantly, Gahyeon's face hardened. "I said it was fine if you were busy. I don't need an explanation or anything, but please don't lie." The end of her sentence was more of a condescending statement than an actual request.

"I'm not lying! Why would I lie to you, Gahyeon?"

"Then explain this to me!"

"I-I'm trying! I don't know why it said I was active!"

"For fuck's sake – alright, I'm leaving. When I come back, you better be ready to tell me the truth."

More tears had welled up in your eyes and spilled over as you recounted the blowup in your head. With a sigh, you brushed them away and began collecting the dinner dishes. You didn't have any appetite left, and you were sure that Gahyeon didn't either, so the least you could do was pick up for her.

That task seemed to fly by as you completed it entirely lost in painful thought. The sight of an empty box in the recycling bin, however, knocked you out of your trance long enough for you to be reminded that you had a package delivery.

Gahyeon had said when you'd gotten home that she had put the box in your office, so you grabbed a pair of scissors from the kitchen junk drawer and headed down the hall.