𝗱𝗮𝗺𝗶 | fated

Reader Is: Younger (Non-DC AU)
Categories: Fluff
Summary: The reader finally meets Dami, the music producer that she has a crush on, when they work together for the first time.

You shuffled the stack of papers in your hands anxiously, taking a deep breath in front of the door that you were about to walk through (confidently, you hoped). "Hello," you called politely as you entered the room, prompting a petite, black-haired woman to turn around in her swivel chair with a small smile.

"Ah, you're here," the woman replied, standing up and, after offering a short bow, extending her hand for you to shake. "I'm Lee Dami."

You didn't really know how you managed to give Dami your own name in return, let alone any sort of comprehensible response, but you decided to count your blessings and accept the fact that you were able to speak to the beautiful woman, who guided you to a chair next to her own.

"Tell me, why do you look so nervous? I don't bite," Dami chided you as she scooted closer in her chair, taking the papers that you had been holding from your shaking hands and beginning to study them.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Lee," you quickly responded. "This is my first time recording a song that I wrote all by myself."

Dami smiled. "Please, call me unnie." Your eyes widened - you had just met the woman, and to have her already dropping formalities surprised you, but before you had the chance to say anything, she continued talking. "I see. Don't be nervous, I'm here to help you. And I've already read the lyrics, since they were sent to me – you have no need to be worried. You're very talented."

"Talented, maybe, but confident, I am not," you mumbled with a shy smile, looking down at your lap and pretending to pick a thread off of your miniskirt.

"If you weren't confident, you wouldn't have accepted the comment that you were talented just now," Dami responded factually, rearranging some things of her own in what looked like an important manner, but upon closer inspection, you concluded that she was just randomly moving papers around, which made you pause to think.

Dami mistook your thoughtful silence, however, for disagreement with her statement. "And don't try to deny it," she added.

"Huh?" you asked in sudden confusion, then, after a pause, continued, "Oh! Sorry. Yes, unnie, I suppose that you're right."

Dami smiled, the left side of her mouth moving up more than the right so that it looked a little more like a smirk. "Alright, let's get started, shall we? You may head into the recording booth. Please let me know if you have any questions."

You simply nodded, the motion somewhere between a display of agreement and a polite bow, and headed in the direction that Dami gestured. Once the door to the recording booth closed behind you, your work mode suddenly kicked in, and even though you could see through the glass window the stunning producer with whom you were finally working one-on-one the way you had dreamed for so long, singing became a breeze.

"See, I knew that you were confident," Dami said smugly as you stepped out of the small room some time later to take a seat on the other side of the glass again. "All it took was a little love song. It's wonderfully written, by the way, great job."

"Thank you," you responded, feeling a blush beginning to spread over your cheeks. Already, you could feel your shyness returning, but you were determined to keep it at bay at least until you parted ways with Dami. Unfortunately for you, you were already losing your internal battle, but you were instantly defeated as Dami continued, "May I ask about your inspiration for the lyrics, or is it personal?"