𝘆𝗼𝗼𝗵𝘆𝗲𝗼𝗻 | comfort person

Reader Is: Older Eighth Member
Categories: Fluff
Summary: The reader soothes her bandmate Yoohyeon, who had a bad dream.

A hand shaking your shoulder, accompanied by a soft voice calling your name, woke you from your slumber. "Yooh?" you mumbled.

It was dark in the dormitory, the shades in your shared room still drawn, and no light poked through them. You wondered what your bandmate Kim Yoohyeon could possibly want at this hour during the night. You didn't have to wonder long, however.

"Unnie," Yoohyeon said, and when you realized how shaky her voice sounded, you sat up right away. "I need you."

The simple sentence tugged at your heartstrings immediately, and a concerned frown spread over your face. Yoohyeon was almost always cheerful, even off-stage, and for her to be acting this way, you knew something had to be pretty wrong. "I'm right here, what's wrong?"

"I had a bad dream," Yoohyeon said, her tone revealing that she was still on the verge of tears.

You didn't want to pry into what the dream was about, knowing that she likely wanted to forget about it more than anything else. "Come here," you murmured instead, pulling gently on Yoohyeon's slim hands so that her tall frame slid into your twin bed next to you, your bodies consequently pressed together.

A sigh of relief fell from Yoohyeon's lips and you felt her melt under your fingertips as you reached up to squeeze her shoulder. "It wasn't real, Yoohyeon," you said soothingly. "It's all over now, you can go back to sleep, I'm sure that you'll sleep peacefully now."

"Thanks, unnie," Yoohyeon breathed.

"Of course." You gently ran your hands through Yoohyeon's hair repeatedly, your nails just barely brushing her scalp as you did so. She loved it when you played with her hair, and you knew it would be the perfect thing to soothe her and put her back to sleep. You even hummed her favorite song in its entirety, and halfway through, when her lips parted and her eyelashes fluttered a couple times, you were sure she had fallen into a peaceful slumber.

You closed your own eyes and laid down next to Yoohyeon, noticing that your legs had somehow become entangled with hers, and it was only a minute or two before sleep began to draw you in again as well. You weren't quite sure if you were sleeping yet or not when you heard Yoohyeon's voice whisper, "I never want to dream about losing you again." Only when she squeezed your hand gently did a smile of recognition spread across your lips and you felt your body give into the most peaceful slumber you had experienced in a very long time.