dark prince, eternal night

Prologue

How could i fight? Where could i run? Staring into the eyes of the person i loved and knowing he was killing me?

'Fight Dammit!' Jaces voice rang in my head, his voice clear as day. I cried out as i was struck by another blow, a red haze clouded my vision blinding me. I crawled to the staircase narrowly avoiding the bottle as it smashed against the wall, a shower of glass fell upon my head scraping my face its jagged edges biting my flesh. i let out another moan and huddled against the wall. My strength was gone. As i lay there waiting for the footsteps that i knew would come and deliver the final blow, i pictured his face in the sunlight, Jaces laughing face. My living, laughing, love.

Do you love me? the velvet voice in my head demanded "yes" i whimpered my voice shooting up 2 octaves at the pain in my side, making it hard to breathe my breaths were now jagged and unstable, i was literaly panting. I could taste the end, as the familiar stench of curry overwhelemed by senses. i tried to think past the hot bile in my stomach, tried to think of him.

THEN FIGHT!!! the seductive voice roared, i was filled with the image of Jace his beautifull angels face contorted with rage, his eyes blazed fangs extended.

It felt as if the room were shaking. My body was racked with sobs, a cry was torn from my lips, before i stiffled it. This man, my judge my executioner had seen me suffer, he would Not see me cry. I would not shed a tear over this man, he would not have the satisfaction.

The footsteps stopped a foot from my huddled body. His laugh was like the crack of a whip, retreating in my shell i whimpered once more thinknig of my angel. the shaking stopped.

"get up" his voice laughed, mocking me. The stench of the curry almost overpowering tumbling from his breath curling around the senses, his hot breath now an inch from my face. The reek of alcohol clinging to him like a second skin. My fury rose, like a monster from the deep.

Enough! that sweet heavenly voice echoed in my head, the ringing had stopped, my shaking stilled...

"i said get up" he said hands outstreched yanking me to him, his hands curling around my sides,i winced in pain, as my ribs throbbed in protest. Biting down on my lip hard, i would not let him here me scream. My feet were lifted of the ground and i was slammed into the nearby wall, my breath left me. I was left feeling dazed and empty black spot blurred my vision, i could taste the faint trickle of blood on my lips.

"good for nothing little brat" he roared shaking me, still i wouldnt move. My world was ending yet i would not fall with it. i would march to the gates of hell, yet i would not enter. I would watch the world burn and smoke in ember yet i would not cry, my body had turned to stone.

"Fight" he roared echoing my lovers words, i laughed at the difference the obvious imperfection of his drunken slur. Looking into his green eyes i smiled, one last time.

"Bite me" i said sweetly his eyes widend a fraction in amazement his grip grew slack, taking my chances i lunged forward.

Chapter 1. Hex

youve given up on giving up slowly, Im blending in so

You wont even know me apart from this whole world that shares my fate

This one last bullet you mention is my one last shot at redemption

Because I know to live you must give your life away

And I�ve been housing all this doubt and insecurity and

[CHORUS]:

Ive been locked inside that house all the while You hold the key