dark prince, eternal night Chapter 2

You want commitment

Take a look into these eyes

They burn with a fire, just for you now

Until the end of time

I would do anything

I'd beg, I'd steal, I'd die

To have you in these arms tonight

Baby I want you like the roses

Want the rain

You know I need you

Like a poet needs the pain

I would give anything

My blood my love my life

If you were in these arms tonight

I'd hold you

I'd need you

I'd get down on my knees for you

And make everything alright

If you were in these arms

I'd love you

I'd please you

I'd tell you that I'd never leave you

And love you till the end of time

If you were in these arms tonight

We stared at the sun

And we made a promise

A promise this world would never blind us

These are my words

Our words were our songs

Our songs are our prayers

These prayers keep me strong

It's what I believe

If you were in these arms tonight

The final song died on my ipod, died on a distant echo in my now empty mind. I had reached the last steps leading to the front porch. my key hand raised to turn the lock. My world began to shudder, and i allowed my self a synical laugh. although on these trembling lips it felt like a strangled sob. how could you fight? how could you run when it was the person you loved most that was killing you?

These thoughts resonated in my mind, striking a cord deep within my heart, sending a chill to my soul. My blood turned to ice. The blood drained from my face, leaving my heart, its jagged disjointed rythm shuddering to a stop.

Opening the door, i crept silently up the stairs. Silence. releasing a sharp breath i raced up stairs to my room. Sinking to my knees, my breath coming in shallow gasps, sharp in drawn gusts of air i couldnt breathe i couldnt

feel.

This is is what i had been reduced to any empty shell a fleeting shadow, of the person i could be. i could feel my rage like a caged animal willing to be released. I pictured the pixies face her eyes flashed a luminous green blinding all thought, all reason. "Rescue me". i whispered to the figure in my head, silent tears gently fell down my cheeks, hot pools of surrender tearing from pale blue eyes. The rage inside me begging for release. cradling my head as if to relieve myself from the sudden torrent of emotions, i wondered aimlessly through the hall, knowing that dad wouldnt be back till the harsh hours of dawn, stumbling in in his usual drunken stupor.

As i reached the end of the hall light filled a door to my left pushing it gently aside i saw my mothers piano untouched. My mouth curved up at the corner, in a satisfyed little smile, heading towards the piano i sat down. my fingers drifting along the keys. my hood fell back leaving my hair to tumble unbound, in wild abandon around my face. a sweet melody drifted from its interior as my mind drifted over several musical bridges. The song changed in pitch, my fingers moving relentlessly across the keys.