dark prince eternal night part 6

Leenas pov

I doodled aimlessly again on the notepad, hearing nothing. seeing lets face it nothing.My world was blocked of by shadow. Damien had not fared much better. keeping to himself he would dissapear for days on end, it had been a month now. no sign of life had echoed from the branden household.

Caleb respected the distance i needed to put between us. I felt like the walls were closing in on us. me...

My regular hunting rountine was dismal, i could barely look a deer in the eyes anymore let alone kill one. Glancing at the reflection of the nearby window i winced, dressed from head to toe in black my fashion was a little impaired.

I think a blind man has better taste. Rachel quipped in her usaul chirpy self. I growled menacingly under my breath. Vampires....

"honey its bin a month now" she began patting my arm comfortingly over lunch.I shook of her embrace and headed for calculus.

"leave her" caleb hissed under his breath as rachel made a move to follow me. my usual sunny outlook had bin under a current renovation. my black mood suited my new bad ass image, i breifly thought about getting a tattoo to complete my look. but quickly refused following rachels mutterings of drama queen. what did they know?

Maddie dees former friend, had suffered the worst. she was lost to a sea of sympathetic faces. Looking like a lost sheep she shadowed rachels every footsteps needing the support. I felt a little warmer thinking of rachels kind gesture. never before had she extended a hand to humans, thinking herself above the rest of them. untill now. dees departure had taken us all by storm.

Even those of us who werent brave enough to show it. i thought wrly thinking of the many nights caleb had wondered ever closer to erics. door. his gym time had tripled in the past 2 weeks alone, and i cringed at the mental image of another punch bag biting the dust.

As i headed into calculus mr varner raised his eyebrow questiongly at me before gesturing to the board. it had become our habbit, i thought with a slight smirk. each class we try to outdo each other, he would place a harder question on the board and like every day i would just pluck it right out from his head. my eyes darted to the copy of teachers weekly hidden under some papers where i would no doubt find his question and answer right by this weeks crossword. I placed my bag on the desk before slouching into the seat, next to richard dees old friend. ignoring his attempts at conversation i pulled out my note pad and began to once again sketch random designs for clothes. my passion before moving here had been to design possible future labels. Un beknown to my fellow class mates my designs were wanted throughout the fashion world in newyork and london specificaly. Thats the perk of living forever, i thought ironically, you live long enough to make powerfull connections. the sack like dress waited on the page waiting for some fanastic acsessory or attachment to make it complete. i bit back a groan i was definatly losing it.

I flipped back my the pages to my last entry, it was a beautifull white gown that had taken me hours to complete. dating back to late 18th century dress, it was an off the shoulder peice. cutting at the waist it flared out subtly its satin material flowing freely in lose waves to the floor. the top piece glittered with small diamonds scattered like an ocean of stars painted agianst the backdrop of an night sky. it looked innocent enough yet a hidden split in the back revealed the wearers entire back. i sighed imagining the pink flush of my sisters face. it was supposed to be her wedding dress, i thought longingly sketching the white ballet style sandels. imaging her golden hair clipped up in a simple twist her face gleaming with happiness as she met an awed damien at the alter. i had seen the dress in a dream or a vison as my family sometimes called it jokingly. being a vampire we only needed a few hours of sleep a week at most, mike in his earlier years of transformation had spent months without it wondering around in a trance like state avoiding the juicy pallette of food that was temptingly offered by humans. Id learnt little about his family, before the change but had discovered that suffered a viscous attack one night in a camping trip to seattle. they were all decades older than myself. yet there perfect beauty betrayed no hint of age.