Chapter 15: A Christmas to Remember

A/N: Just a little warning - This chapter gets pretty smutty in the middle lol. If that's not something you want to read, then pls just skip it :)

Four years later, everything changed. Literally and figuratively. The age had shown the most and more so on Ash, as he was now growing some facial hair. Ash and Serena were now nearing their mid 20s and still going very strong. They'd celebrated their five-year anniversary in the spring and now it was heading into the winter months, Christmas and the eve of another year together. A lot had remained the same, however, as they hadn't changed much as people and their relationship was pretty much the same as it was four years ago, if not better. The major and most noticeable difference being, where they found themselves waking up today.

They had just signed the lease and moved into a new house; their own house. Everything had been moved in and set up the day before. It would take time to make the house a home, but this was such a big milestone in their lives. The only thing left to do was to christen the rooms and make the most of having their own privacy. But that could come later. For now, they were just trying to get used to the big move. As was Delia, who was still balling her eyes out back at Pallet. Even more so, because Ash and Serena were considerably further away from her now. To Delia's relief, they had decided to stay in Kanto at least. But they'd now upgraded to the fancier side of the region. Since their trip there for their first Valentine's, they had become rather fond of Celadon City, so the aim for the past couple years had always been to live there. And they had finally achieved it.

Work wasn't a problem either, as Serena transferred to the larger bakery in Celadon, while Ash now had designs on something a lot more ambitious than the Pokemon Daycare Center. For the meantime, Ash was working a temporary job at the Celadon Gym. Serena was slowly making progress too, towards her Showcase School dream, no less. But they both had to be patient. Life just couldn't be rushed. And they felt nothing but pride, that possibly their biggest and most important goal had now been accomplished. Ash and Serena were not just a couple, they were each other's family. And a family begins with a family home, after all.

Ash was tightly clinging onto Serena from behind, with his hand around her waist, as they both stirred awake. They yawned.

'Morning, Rena.'

'Morning, Ash.'

Ash let go of Serena and got up to stretch. Serena followed soon after and then they looked around their new bedroom and then back at each other. A gradual smile formed on both of their faces, as they laughed in disbelief, that they had finally actually moved into a dream home together.

'So. How are you feeling, Rena? Good?'

'Well, yeah! I am! I'm just still processing it all! I mean, it still needs some sprucing up and some personal adjustments. But I can really see a future for us here...'

She put a hand on Ash's chest and Ash put his hand on hers.

'Aw, me too. Now, let me make you some breakfast!'

Ash got up and headed straight to their new kitchen. When he was done making breakfast, he saw Serena in the living room, waiting for him in her nightgown.

'Grub's up, babe!'

'Oh, thanks, babe.'

They turned on the TV and ate their food in deep contemplation, of what was awaiting them in this new exciting part of their lives. But then Serena frowned.

'Hey! I just realised something!'

'What?' asked Ash, sipping some morning coffee.

'We have NO Christmas decorations! Nothing at all! We have to go out and buy some! NOW! Before they're all sold out!' panicked Serena.