Chapter 12: Une Nuit De Passion

As Saturday evening settled in, Ash and Serena were cuddled up in bed and watching one of Serena's favourite films. They were feeling very comfy and could have stayed as they were for the rest of the night, but the time was getting closer to eight now. They both started to get ready about an hour before; Serena in the bathroom and Ash in the kitchen. Ash was dressed and ready within fifteen minutes, as he finished buttoning up a smart white shirt and fixing a tie on (but he didn't fasten it all the way up to his neck and left it hanging a little). This was complete with sensible black trousers, a velvet purple blazer (that he left open) and black shoes. All of which, Delia had helped him buy beforehand and had been packed for the Kalos trip. The only thing left to do, was apply some aftershave. He thought he should make an extra special effort tonight and did something he hardly ever did. Dress up. Yet, he left his hair as it always was. Actually combing his hair, was something Ash would never do of course. But one thing he did do that was different, was take his hat off, a little reluctantly. It just wouldn't go with everything else.

Ash was waiting on the bed for Serena now, who had taken half an hour so far. He impatiently checked his watch every two minutes and tapped his foot. Ash was getting really hungry too and thought he'd just grab a quick snack from the kitchen. His stomach was the size of two sometimes, so he figured it wouldn't spoil his appetite. But then he stopped in his tracks, when he heard the bathroom door click open. Serena stepped out.

'Well, what do you think? Will I do?' she asked.

Ash thought better of the snack now and turned around to see the real one behind him. Serena was wearing the new blue dress, she mentioned to Shauna earlier, which hugged every single one of her curves. Ash just stared at her like a dumbstruck fool. What was it about Serena in tight dresses, that turned Ash into a neanderthal? He opened his mouth to respond, but only gibberish came out. Serena smirked and put her hands on her hips. This was exactly what she wanted. It didn't take much to unlock Ash's primal hormones nowadays.

'Cat got your tongue again, babe?'

'Er... Y-yeah, y-you could say that.'

'Well, I take it you like the dress then. I told you I'd look my best.'

And she really did. She had put sparkly blue eyeshadow, mascara and bright red lipstick on, to compliment the dress and her own natural beauty. Serena had even put on special crescent moon and star earrings, that dangled fabulously over her shoulders. This also drew attention to her freshly done, perfectly permed hair, with the symbolic blue ribbon she never let out of her sight, tied on top. She flicked her honey blonde locks and walked over to Ash. He checked her out from head to toe. Starting from her crystal clear puddle blue eyes, to a blue choker, she was wearing around her neck, which he had been so captivated by, the last time she stood in front of him in a dress. He quickly took in the rest of her and then smiled. Ash didn't have time to stare at her all night (as much as he wanted to), so resisted her alluring charm as best he could.

'Yeah, you look absolutely stunning. I can't believe you're my girl.'

Serena blushed and looked down at the floor. Her eyes flickered back up and down, into Ash's chestnut brown eyes, she always got lost in.

'Well, thank you. I can't believe you're mine too. I mean, look at you. You're just such a gorgeous person. And I never realised how good you'd look in a shirt and tie...' 

Serena brushed her hand across his shoulder. 

'Wasn't expecting you to dress up. I like it. I like it a lot.'

Serena got her lustful little fix of Ash too and took the quick fleeting opportunity, to scan her eyes all over him. It didn't matter what he wore in Serena's eyes, though. He somehow always looked incredibly and effortlessly sexy to her.