9

yura winced, a hiss escaping her lips. jungkook was by her side in an instant, his large hand engulfing hers.
" it's okay, sweetheart." he murmured, his voice warm. " just breathe in with me, baby."

jungkook closed his eyes, mimicking her breaths. with each exhale, he whispered praises, peppering her face with feather-light kisses.
" you're doing so good, darling. i'm so proud of you. my baby is doing so well. strongest woman i know." he rests their foreheads.

yura whimpered with tears rolling down her cheeks, " hurts hubby. i'm in so much pain," she squeezed his hand tightly and tried to study her breathing.

" i know, my love and i wish i could do anything to take that pain away. right now i want you to know that we'll meet our sweet girl soon hm? because of you, i'm going to become a father. because of you im going to have the child of my dreams. you got this, my love. i'll be here with you every step of the way hm? my sweet sweet yura." jungkook poured his heart out and softly kissed her.

yura moved her hand to his neck and caressed the tattoo behind his ear. the nurse was about to open the door but she paused and waited for them to have their moment.

she smiled remembering her moments in that position.

just then, they pulled away from the kiss and she walked inside. she greeted them and did some checking on yura.
" your about 7 centimeters dilated so we can wait a little to start the delivery. i want you to get some rest till then."

" okay thank you." yura sniffles and places her head on the pillow. " you'll be okay. all this is worth it." the nurse kneeled and held yura's hand. " are you excited?"

yura looked at jungkook with a smile and then back to the nurse nodding her head eagerly. " very just scared."
" it's all normal, mrs jeon. you'll meet your bundle of joy soon." the nurse encouraged her and left the room.

" so proud of you, sweetheart." jungkook pecked her forehead, his lips lingering for a moment. " sleep some more, hm? i'll be right here when you wake up." he nuzzles their noses. yura nodded her head and closed her eyes falling asleep instantly. jungkook begins humming a soft melody to ease his wife's stress and discomfort. he combed her hair with his fingers and watched her sleep with heart eyes.

nurses kept coming in and out to check yura's condition. jungkook stopped for a moment to contact their family and friends to let them know. its currently 4 am.
when eunwoo heard the news, he immediately jumped out of bed and told jungkook that he'd be at the hospital soon.

after a while when yura was fully dilated, the nurse came in.
" we can get you ready for the delivery, mrs jeon."
the doctors and midwives got ready which made yura more nervous. jungkook noticed and his heart dropped. " h-hubby," she whimpered.

" hey sweetheart, you'll be okay. you'll be okay, my muffin." he gave her a sweet kiss and rubbed her belly gently.

" on the count of 3, i want you to push as hard as you can yea? push like you've never pushed before." the nurse instructed.
yura nodded her head and mumbled a small 'okay.' she looked at her husband once again who gave her his famous bunny smile. " i love you hm?"
" i love you more hubby."

yura took a deep breath and began pushing squeezing jungkook's hand tight causing her knuckles to turn white. she sobbed as the pain was becoming unbearable. she felt her lower back slowly begin to seize up. it was kind of like her muscles were slowly twisting harder and harder.

" awwh she's almost here, hon. your sweet girl is almost here. i just want you to push more for me. you're doing great."

" oh gosh!" she choked on her tears and kept pushing.
" just a little more my love." jungkook kissed the side of her head and wiped the sweat off her forehead.

" almost there...push hon push!" the nurse cheered. after a few pushes made by yura, the baby slipped into the nurse's arms, crying hard. jungkook's eyes blurred with moisture as he gazed at his daughter.

the nurse gently placed the baby girl on yura's chest who immediately stopped crying when she felt her mother's warmth. " hi my baby." yura weakly said as she caressed her cheek. " aww she recognized you," one of the nurses uttered.

the nurse cut the umbilical cord and they went and cleaned her up and brought her back.

" hi my sweet girl, you're finally here." she planted a kiss on her forehead. a sigh, soft and feathery escaped the baby's button nose sending a shiver down yura's spine.
" oh you're so gorgeous, my little bun."

the baby girl spread her tiny fingers on her mother's chest her doe eyes wondering looking for her father. once it landed on him she displayed a gummy smile causing jungkook to sob.
" that's dada." yura sniffles and studies her daughter's features.

" you wanna try skin-to-skin contact hm?" yura asks her husband who nods his head. he sits on the couch and removes his shirt and the nurse gently takes the baby from yura's embrace and places the baby girl on his chest.

the baby girl's eyes fly open, she stares at him, her tiny head curious. then it happened again, a smile, a slow toothless bloom that unfurls like a sunrise. it was a smile that stole the breath from his lungs. in that moment, jungkook knew he would spend the rest of his life chasing after that smile, doing everything in his power to keep it blooming.

tears pick jungkook's eyes. he gently lays her head on his chest, her bare skin meeting his. the moment they touch, a tangible warmth spreads through him, chasing away his worries. he feels her tiny heart beating against his, a drumbeat of pure life.

in the perfect pause of time, the world faded away. the sterile room, the beeping machines, the hushed words of doctors—all vanish. it's just him and his daughters, two souls woven together by the invisible thread of love and skin-to-skin connection.

jungkook leans in and covers his daughter's face with soft pecks. the baby girl closed her eyes, breathing steadily.
" my sweet girl," he wipes his tears and slowly boops his nose with hers.

he begins to hum a melody, only composed for her. his daughter quiets, her tiny fingers on his chest.
" ophelia," he breathed, the name precious on his tongue.

they bask in silence, breathing in each other's scent. she yawns, her tiny fists fluttering against his chest. her eyelids droop, and sleep reclaims her once again.

" my precious one,"

~

yura tiredly lay in the hospital watching jungkook stand by the window with their daughter. since the nurses brought her back, he hasn't let her go.
" your dada is obsessed with you, little bun." she giggles.

" i love her so much," jungkook coos when the baby girl clung stubbornly to his thumb.
" she's so beautiful, sweetheart." he walked back to the bed and sat beside his wife.
" she has your eyes and noses, hubby. so delicate and cute."

soon, eunwoo came through the door and did a little victory dance. " ahh she's here! my niece is finally here." he jumped on his toes causing jungkook and yura to laugh.

" can i know her name now please?" he pleaded with a slight pout. " ophelia, jeon ophelia." the pair announced.
" suits her perfectly. she looks so delicate and ethereal. i am in love." eunwoo softly kissed the top of her head.

" where's everyone else?" jungkook asks.

" passed out in the waiting room. yoongi hyung went to get some coffee," he chuckled and sat on the couch. just then, yoongi walked in and his eyes lit up.
he skipped over and kneeled down in front of baby ophelia.
" goodness, she's so gorgeous. delicate flower."

" what's her name?"

" ophelia," jungkook said, blinking away some salty waters.
" welcome to the world, little one."

baby ophelia moves her legs and arms up and down, causing their hearts to melt.
" never seen a baby this beautiful." yoongi says.

yura felt jungkook's gaze on her. she brought his lips to hers, kissing him. " thank you, my love" he said before kissing back.

-----

a/n: thank you for reading babes!

T A N I    O U T 🤍!